DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Screen thinks i'm touching it but i'm not

  1. Droid
    John18's Avatar
    Member #
    5587
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #1

    Screen thinks i'm touching it but i'm not

    Why did this just start happening? My screen constantly thinks its being touched and the four buttons at the bottom stopped working.

    I dont have insurance and i dont need it. The did this on its own and i know when i bring it back. they are going to ask if i have insurance on it and when i say no, they are just going to turn me away which is not freaken right at all.
    Last edited by hookbill; 10-12-2010 at 12:04 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #2
    Or, you could remember that you have a 1-year manufacturer warranty, which Verizon will honor.

    I just replaced my D1 because it was doing the same thing, along with a portion of the screen being totally unresponsive.
  4. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by John18 View Post
    Why did this just start happening? My screen constantly thinks its being touched and the four buttons at the bottom stopped working.

    I dont have insurance and i dont need it. The did this on its own and i know when i bring it back. they are going to ask if i have insurance on it and when i say no, they are just going to turn me away which is not freaken right at all.
    That's a warranty issue, nothing for you to worry about. Just call Verizon and tell them about it, they will overnight you a replacement.

    If you don't like that idea then do a factory data reset out of your privacy settings and see if that doesn't fix it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Droid
    John18's Avatar
    Member #
    5587
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #4
    Did you work something out with verizon or did you just go out and get a brand new phone while spending your own money?
  6. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #5
    It requires calling or going to Verizon. It's not really a big deal.
  7. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by John18 View Post
    Did you work something out with verizon or did you just go out and get a brand new phone while spending your own money?
    No. You just tell them what went wrong, they overnight you a phone, you put your old phone in the box and ship it right back to them.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid
    John18's Avatar
    Member #
    5587
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John18 View Post
    Did you work something out with verizon or did you just go out and get a brand new phone while spending your own money?
    No. You just tell them what went wrong, they overnight you a phone, you put your old phone in the box and ship it right back to them.
    oh ok. yea this just started happening this morning and i planned on calling them tonight. i came here hoping there was an easy fix for it. thanks for the help guys
  9. Super Moderator/RS
    dlwhtrose's Avatar
    Member #
    14116
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Posts
    2,777
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    #8
    This exact thing happened to my husbands phone and I took it to Verizon and they gave me another one. It was a refurbished phone but at least it was working and not acting crazy. Just make sure that if you have rooted your phone, you unroot it before taking it back to Verizon.
  10. Droid
    John18's Avatar
    Member #
    5587
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    Verizon Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    This exact thing happened to my husbands phone and I took it to Verizon and they gave me another one. It was a refurbished phone but at least it was working and not acting crazy. Just make sure that if you have rooted your phone, you unroot it before taking it back to Verizon.
    did you have insurance?
  11. Droid Sensei
    LtKen's Avatar
    Member #
    31927
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,637
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by John18 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    This exact thing happened to my husbands phone and I took it to Verizon and they gave me another one. It was a refurbished phone but at least it was working and not acting crazy. Just make sure that if you have rooted your phone, you unroot it before taking it back to Verizon.
    did you have insurance?
    Doesnt matter -- you dont need insurance to utilize the manufacturer's warranty.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Alarm question - touching goes to sleep, but I fumble!
    By Jon K in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 08:28 AM
  2. Doing text messages without touching it?
    By stanwelks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 05:15 PM
  3. Droid thinks I am using screen...I'm not!
    By whitehurst in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 10:57 AM
  4. Droid Thinks Best Buy = My Address ?
    By TxDoc in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:09 PM
  5. touching icon scrolls screen, not load app
    By mact in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 04:53 AM

Search tags for this page

my phone acts like im touching stuff when im not
,

my phone clicks on things when i'm not touching them. help

,
my phone thinks im touching but im no
,

my phone thinks im touching the screen when im not

,
phone keeps touching on screen
,

samsung galaxy ii acting like im pushing buttons

,
samsung galaxy s3 touch thinks i'm touching screen
,
touch screen thinks im touching it
,
why does my screen keep acting like im touching it when i do
,
why is my phone acting like like im touching the screen but
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+