DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Mail contacts

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

G-Mail contacts

For some reason I can not get the contacts in my phone to do a 2-way sync with g-mail. Instead, when I put a contact in my phone and save it, it doesn't go to my gmail, and when it doesn't go to my gmail, it gets deleted from my phone the next time it updates.

It's kinda frustrating that, every time I forget that I have to add a contact in through G-mail, the contact I enter into my phone disappears. Is anyone else having this issue?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    I believe you of course, but it doesn't make sense. If it's going to sync it should sync both ways.

I know on the new Droids it's a bit tricky to add a new contact but the old Droid was just add contact and it always sync to my gmail.

Usually when I hear of something this unusual the only thing that will fix it may be a factory data reset. Unless your missing something in your settings. Have you double checked the settings on the Droid?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I've checked the settings in the phone--they seem to be correct (set to sync). Is there a setting in Gmail I'm missing somewhere or something? It's odd . . .
  5. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    which Droid do you have? I would suggest going into settings > accounts & sync > click on your gmail account. There you should see three choices: Sync Contacts; Sync Gmail; Sync Calendar Make sure the box next to each is checked. Then hit the menu key and say "sync now" Hopefully this fixes the situation
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dlwhtrose View Post
    which Droid do you have? I would suggest going into settings > accounts & sync > click on your gmail account. There you should see three choices: Sync Contacts; Sync Gmail; Sync Calendar Make sure the box next to each is checked. Then hit the menu key and say "sync now" Hopefully this fixes the situation
    It's a rooted Droid running FRG22D (Froyo 2.2).

That's how my sync settings look...weird.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Dinc
    I am having a simular issue. My contacts are not syncing up with G-mail, even though i have them set to sync. Have you found out what the issue is that you are having?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemonkey View Post
    I am having a simular issue. My contacts are not syncing up with G-mail, even though i have them set to sync. Have you found out what the issue is that you are having?
    I haven't figured anything out--though I did put a contact into my phone the other day and had it successfully sync. It seems to be a hit-and-miss issue.
  9. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    spacemonkey to the forums. I see that you have an Incredible so I am not sure my advise to QMaverick will work for you since he is on a Moto Droid.

Have either of you double checked to see if all your google accounts have been selected to sync? To do this go into settings > accounts & sync > click on your gmail account. There you should see three choices: Sync Contacts; Sync Gmail; Sync Calendar Make sure the box next to each is checked. Then hit the menu key and say "sync now" Hopefully this fixes the situation

If not (and especially for the Incredible) let me know and I can see if anyone else has had this happen to them.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by QMaverick View Post
    I've checked the settings in the phone--they seem to be correct (set to sync). Is there a setting in Gmail I'm missing somewhere or something? It's odd . . .
    I should've been clearer here: yes, all of my accounts are set to sync, and it does work SOMETIMES. Other times, however, it does not. I remember when I first got my phone and had my contacts transferred from my Storm to my Droid, they all disappeared after the first sync instead of being put into my Gmail contacts.

Oh, while I'm at it, is there a way to turn off the merge-contacts feature? For instance, my wife's name is Amanda, and my sister-in-law's name is Mandy. The phone puts those together into a single contact which I then have to separate if I reinstall my OS to some other new rooted version. It's a minor nuisance, but a little annoying.

Also, thanks for looking into things!
  11. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    Well QMaverick you have me on this one. I have never heard of merging contacts before. I have seen them duplicate because of Facebook or other similar apps. I am going to link this thread to the rest of the Rescue Squad to see if anyone has any ideas.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links