DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Market app is misbehaving with one of my apps

  1. Droid Newbie
    mj1's Avatar
    Member #
    121588
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #1

    Market app is misbehaving with one of my apps

    Hi,

    I am running Android 2.2 on a Droid.

    Last week I was notified of an available update to SportsTap. When I tried to do the update, the download failed. Now the Market app is goofed up with respect to SportsTap. Other apps update normally; but whenever I enter Market->Downloads, it states it is currently downloading SportsTap--which is always unsuccessful. If I finger tap on the SportsTap download graphic, my only option on the next screen is to cancel the download. If I do that, I also have to Force Close the Market app.

    I am wondering how I can make Market forget that it needs to download SportsTap so that maybe I can get out of this crazy loop. Note that I tried clearing the Market cache, but that didn't help. I also tried uninstalling SportsTap, but that didn't change things either. The Market app still tries--unsuccessfully--to download SportsTap.
  2. Master Droid
    portermac's Avatar
    Member #
    76545
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    326
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #2
    Try installing (quick uninstaller) in the market, its free. I use it and it works great.
    Maybe you can uninstall it through that app.
  3. Beta Team
    circsmonky's Avatar
    Member #
    54009
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    609
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    VZW S3
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mj1 View Post
    Hi,

    I am running Android 2.2 on a Droid.

    Last week I was notified of an available update to SportsTap. When I tried to do the update, the download failed. Now the Market app is goofed up with respect to SportsTap. Other apps update normally; but whenever I enter Market->Downloads, it states it is currently downloading SportsTap--which is always unsuccessful. If I finger tap on the SportsTap download graphic, my only option on the next screen is to cancel the download. If I do that, I also have to Force Close the Market app.

    I am wondering how I can make Market forget that it needs to download SportsTap so that maybe I can get out of this crazy loop. Note that I tried clearing the Market cache, but that didn't help. I also tried uninstalling SportsTap, but that didn't change things either. The Market app still tries--unsuccessfully--to download SportsTap.
    i had that with dropbox recently. i went into manage applications and clear data and cache for the market. then dropbox stopped trying to download and i was able to update. i may have rebooted after clearing data and cache.
  4. Droid Newbie
    mj1's Avatar
    Member #
    121588
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #4
    Thanks for the quick replies!

    circsmonky, I took your advice and cleared the cache and data from the Market app and then rebooted. That did the trick!

    Again, thanks for the help to you both.
  5. Droid Newbie
    gbragg's Avatar
    Member #
    129010
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #5

    Identical Problem with SportsTap

    Quote Originally Posted by mj1 View Post
    Hi,

    I am running Android 2.2 on a Droid.

    Last week I was notified of an available update to SportsTap. When I tried to do the update, the download failed. Now the Market app is goofed up with respect to SportsTap. Other apps update normally; but whenever I enter Market->Downloads, it states it is currently downloading SportsTap--which is always unsuccessful. If I finger tap on the SportsTap download graphic, my only option on the next screen is to cancel the download. If I do that, I also have to Force Close the Market app.

    I am wondering how I can make Market forget that it needs to download SportsTap so that maybe I can get out of this crazy loop. Note that I tried clearing the Market cache, but that didn't help. I also tried uninstalling SportsTap, but that didn't change things either. The Market app still tries--unsuccessfully--to download SportsTap.

    I have this problem also. I uninstalled SportsTap (ST) clearing data first but did not clear the cache. The problem continues, I have notifications that ST needs to update and then the download fails.

    I installed Quick Uninstaller as someone on this forum suggested but it did not show a listing for ST as would be expected.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?
  6. Master Droid
    portermac's Avatar
    Member #
    76545
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    326
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #6
    Rebooting probably will take care of your problem. But when it happened to me, I went to the app that was stuck on (installing update) and long pressed on the app. It gave two options, one being cancel update. It stopped the update when nothing else would.
  7. Droid Newbie
    gbragg's Avatar
    Member #
    129010
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #7

    Continued Problem with SportsTap

    Quote Originally Posted by portermac View Post
    Rebooting probably will take care of your problem. But when it happened to me, I went to the app that was stuck on (installing update) and long pressed on the app. It gave two options, one being cancel update. It stopped the update when nothing else would.

    I also did that. No problem with stopping the update. I uninstalled the app but am still getting update notices for it and the download hangs up as before. The one option you mentioned is Cancel Download that works for stopping the download but it does not stop you from getting the notification again. Remember, I have uninstalled the app! Why should I even receive an update notice for an app which has been uninstalled?
  8. Droid Newbie
    mj1's Avatar
    Member #
    121588
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #8
    Did you try clearing the cache and data from the Market app and then reboot?
  9. Droid Newbie
    gbragg's Avatar
    Member #
    129010
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mj1 View Post
    Did you try clearing the cache and data from the Market app and then reboot?

    Yes, several times. Was wondering should I also clear the data from the Market App?
  10. Droid Newbie
    mj1's Avatar
    Member #
    121588
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #10
    Yes, clear the cache *and* the data from the Market app. And then reboot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Market apps (stock market)?
    By LMac8806 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
  2. alarm misbehaving
    By Rogerdodger in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
  3. Non-Market Apps
    By fallsgable in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 07:28 AM
  4. Apps in the Market only?
    By HarleyDad09 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 11:10 PM
  5. Apps only in the market?
    By T6D16C84 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 02:58 PM

Search tags for this page

android application keeps trying to install
,
android market app misbehave
,
android market update misbehaves
,
android my apps perpetually in currently downloading
,
apps misbehaving on incredible 2
,
find misbehaving android apps
,

how to stop apps from misbehaving on droid incredible

,
my droid keeps saying download failed
,
my droid keeps saying unsuccessful download of pics
,
why apps misbehave
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+