DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touch Screen Freezing

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2

Touch Screen Freezing

Just got my Droid 2 about a week ago and I love it. The only issue I'm having is that occasionally the screen will lock up on me and I can't do anything except a battery pull. I press the sleep button to wake it up and try to slide my finger to unlock it and it just doesn't respond at all. Hold the sleep button and the options menu comes up but still the touch is unresponsive. Works fine after I pull the battery. Its happened 2 or 3 times now. Its not a huge problem rendering my phone unusable, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue and if you guys think I should get it replaced or if this is relatively normal? Thanks

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Mine has hard locked twice in as many weeks. It will just freeze on whatever screen is active and then go to sleep. No buttons or anything will wake it save a battery pull. As you said, not earth shattering, but pretty anoying...
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Do either of you have a Task Killer installed, if so chances are that is the culprit causing your problems

BTW to the Forum

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Thanks for the welcome! I don't have any sort of task killer installed. In fact I really don't have many apps at all. Haven't quite gotten to play with the new toy as much as I would like yet
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    i have the same issues as you with my droid 1. unfortunately, even when i boot up now, it still remains frozen. please help! i'm expecting important calls and emails.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Unhappy

I'm having the same problem with droid 2 I'm able to hold the sleep button then use the arrow keys to shut the phone down without removing the battery but it is getting very frequent and i have no idea what did it, i even tried a factory wipe with no help.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by yehgermeister View Post
    i have the same issues as you with my droid 1. unfortunately, even when i boot up now, it still remains frozen. please help! i'm expecting important calls and emails.
    Same here on Droid 1, phone will start flipping through all my apps and will not respond to any inputs and then screen freezes stays black notification bar the only thing showing. Requires a battery pull. Using system panel to troubleshoot the malfunctioning app, this started two days ago and seems to start with updating apps.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    ok it just keeps getting worse and worse on a droid 2 running 2.2 not many apps installed. really getting bad now it took me about 2 hours just to get the phone back to where i could use it I'm about at my wits end with this thing verizon and motorolla should both be embarassed to have there names on it as far as I'm concerned
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid R2D2

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DCDub View Post
    Just got my Droid 2 about a week ago and I love it. The only issue I'm having is that occasionally the screen will lock up on me and I can't do anything except a battery pull. I press the sleep button to wake it up and try to slide my finger to unlock it and it just doesn't respond at all. Hold the sleep button and the options menu comes up but still the touch is unresponsive. Works fine after I pull the battery. Its happened 2 or 3 times now. Its not a huge problem rendering my phone unusable, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue and if you guys think I should get it replaced or if this is relatively normal? Thanks
    I've had my R2D2 Droid - annoying little thing for almost 3 weeks and it began freezing one week after it arrived. It's RIDICULOUS!! I read some of the other postings and although I do have several apps installed, I do not have "Task Killer" - the apps I have installed are the same that were on my BB Storm 2 (the #1 WORST phone of all time - 1st is the BB World Edition and 2nd the BB Storm)

The phone is EXTREMELY slow in responding to any type of touch when it DOES open an app ... meaning it takes about 30 seconds or longer to actually open.

Let me go a step further - when an app IS open, whether it's SMS, email or just editing a contact, the screen decides to freeze. I've done many soft reboots which only temporarily solve the problem. Doing this more than once a month would be considered excessive. Several times a day is OUT of the question!

Verizon, get your act together!!
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Mystery girl, write them an email...they sent me a new phone no questions asked. I'm still a little iffy about putting too much on it but its been way trouble free for about 2weeks now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links