As of the 2.2 OTA update (stock moto droid) my touchscreen has been acting a *little* crazy.
The symptoms happen in all apps but are most noticeable on the browser:
1) When scrolling down an app (I.e. through a list of results) the display will start jumping around really fast, sometimes scrolling all the way to the bottom/top randomly
2) When scrolling in the browser my touch will cause a random zoom in/out
3) When holding the screen (trying to read in between scrolls) the screen will bounce around up/down/sidetoside and sometimes will pinchzoom click on random things without any input/movement on my part. I'm just holding my thumb down.
Other touch screen issues I already had before 2.2 which id love a fix/workaround for:
1) sometimes in the call log clicking on the top result will cause a result down below to be pressed. this only seems to happen if I try to call someone quickly as if I touched faster than the phone can think.
2) when clicking into a text field the screen will jump around to a different area *no-where near* the input I'm trying to look at. This is easy to reproduce by trying to add a postal address to a contact in landscape mode.
I've tried holding my thumb differently, scrolling slower/faster/softer/harder.
I've also tested this on a second droid (also stock D1 running 2.2) and the issue is there so I know its not a hardware issue.
I also know I'm not the only one with this issue, the rep at verizon says his has been doing the same thing and there's "nothing they can do, there should be an update soon"
Perhaps its time for a custom ROM?
Ever since the 2.2 updates the icons on the homescreen take *forever* to show up after hitting home. Furthermore I've lost the ability to listen to .wav attachments from a VOIP provider.
Tips/suggestions = much appreciated.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk