DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: disappearing sms messages

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

disappearing sms messages

this is the second time it has happened to me since i got my phone. i dont have delete old messages enabled. all my sms/mms threads/messages disappeared. only thing i can think of is because it reaches a maximum amount of texts, considering some of the threads get over 1000 texts each.

also in the main sd dir i have this file mms_oom_hprof_data
    anyone happen to know what this is?
    Last edited by jbby; 12-10-2009 at 07:55 PM.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Your not the only one. Mine has done it 2 times already! I'm tired of it.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Just out of curiosity... did you increase the size of the Text message limit in the Messaging App (this is done through the default app, even if you are using a 3rd party app like Handcent or Chomp since they all pull from the same messaging database)
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    Just out of curiosity... did you increase the size of the Text message limit in the Messaging App (this is done through the default app, even if you are using a 3rd party app like Handcent or Chomp since they all pull from the same messaging database)
    I think you can also configure it to NEVER delete texts. I'm guessing it'll just warn you that you're running out of space and need to delete SMS's.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    im not using any third party apps for sms such as handcent or chomp, and i also have delete old messages disabled so it shouldn't delete anything. also text message limit can only be changed if the delete old messages is enabled so i don't see a place where it can be set to never delete messages. i just assumed without delete old messages enabled i would have the choice when to delete them.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    But what do you have the "Message Limit" set to? (By default it is 200 messages)

I understand you removed the "Delete messages when you get to the limit" but if you have more messages in a thread than the "Message Limit" I would be afraid that this would cause damage to the database and result in the sort of data loss you are describing.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I haven't lost complete threads in a while, but using handcent i have noticed that somtimes i'll see a txt in the notification tray and it won't ever post in the sms thread.

I love handcent but at this point it's still too buggy so I'm gonna stick with the stock app until they can figure out what's going on.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTOROLA DROID
    This JUST happened to me today.. I sent a text message to a friend, then used the "running application bar" at the top of the screen to switch back to Pandora that was playing in the background. Once I got to pandora I got a "Messaging has failed blah blah blah" error with a Force Close button. I pressed Force Close, and to my astonishment I went back to messaging moments later to find it completely blank.

This is the first time since owning it (bought on release day) that this has happened to me. Curious
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr

Unhappy Disappearing SMS Threads

I am not using any third party Apps. For the second time in one week all of my SMS threads just disappeared. None of them were anywhere near the limit of 200 texts per thread. This has happened since I got the update on Dec 11th. I thought the first time it happened it was going to be a one time occurrence due to the update of the phones operating system but it happened again today. As of last night I had 3 active threads with less than 5 messages each and today all but one thread with one message is gone!
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID
    I haven't lost complete threads in a while, but using handcent i have noticed that somtimes i'll see a txt in the notification tray and it won't ever post in the sms thread.
    The same thing has happened to me using Handcent. I will reply to a msg in the Handcent popup - but when I go to the thread - only my reply is shown. The incoming msg has disappeared!!

I had used task killer to turn the native Messaging app off - so turning it back on now to see if this fixes this issue. If not think, Handcent will have to go - which is a pity.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links