DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixed-up emails

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edkocher View Post
    The only solution to this is to remove your account and start from scratch. The long term resolution is to use Touchdown software to handle your exchange-based email. Best $20 I ever spent. Have used it for more than 6 months and I absolutely love it. I'm just waiting for them to release a POP3 client so I can resolve all my issues with personal email on my DROID.
    I 100% agree with Touchdown as the way to go....Glad I got it for $10
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Post mixed up email bodies and headers and 1969 dates

My Droid has been acting oddly when it comes to managing email. My emails from my pop.bizmail account have recently started to present mismatched headers and bodies - I receive current header/subjects containing very old email content. Also, I have started to receive emails with the 12/31/1969 date - these emails have the correct date when I login my email account directly.
    I completely deleted my pop.bizmail account - I then recreated the account only to immediately receive the same emails with the 1969 dates - WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE EMAIL ON THE Droid ???
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tim.homan View Post
    My Droid has been acting oddly when it comes to managing email. My emails from my pop.bizmail account have recently started to present mismatched headers and bodies - I receive current header/subjects containing very old email content. Also, I have started to receive emails with the 12/31/1969 date - these emails have the correct date when I login my email account directly.
    I completely deleted my pop.bizmail account - I then recreated the account only to immediately receive the same emails with the 1969 dates - WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE EMAIL ON THE Droid ???
    No need to cross post....http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...969-dates.html
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID Build ESE81
    The whole stock mail program is crap and I think there is an intermediary server involved. I have already returned my phone to stock twice hoping to fix the issues.
    1. After deleting email from my Pop accounts on the web and Exchange accounts from Outlook, I end up with a second copy of emails on my phone, sometimes as late as the next day.
    2. Mail from my POP accounts and Gmail are mixed up with each other. (MSN, Yahoo, GMAIL)
    3. Exchange server connectivity fails requiring me to remove the account and set it back up. Considering I am the Admin for my Exchange server at work, I can reliably state that nothing in my firewalls or Exchange settins from the server had changed nor were there any updates applied that could cause these issues.
    4. I am unable to remove email accounts from the email app. Using the My Accounts app fails when I attempt to open an existing account. (may be part of the source of the problems)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links