DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: sd card crash / wiped

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

sd card crash / wiped

Has anyone elses sd card randomly wiped everything on it? It was fine last night then this morning I went to listen to some music and for every song it said music player didn't support that file type. I thought wtf and went into astro file manager and the sd card was empty and I checked the card usage and it shows the full 14.whatever gb free... I had tons of pictures and some worrk docs saved on there so I am pretty pissed off.

I did the manual update two nights ago and had no problems with the phone up until now. Could I have a bad sdcard?

I tried searching but couldn't find any similar problems with the card losing everything randomly like this.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    anybody?..
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Was your droid mounted to your pc while you were checking?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No, it hasnt been connected since I did the manual update. Everything was fine last night and I plugged it into the charger over night and on my way to work went to listen to music and that is when the problem occurred. When I got to work I hooked up the USB cable and started transferring music back onto the droid when it seemed like the sd card messed up again and I had to unmount and remount it to the computer through the droid and it has been working fine since.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Had the same problem this evening. I lost my pics, music, everything. I was listening to DroidLive when it happened. So maybe associated with that? It does say it can modify/delete SD card contents. That's the best idea I've come up with. If someone figures out what's really wrong let me know. I'm kinda irritated.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't have droidlive installed.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    same thing happened to my droid this morning, i got a call but in a different ring tone. I went to go and set the ring tone again thinking it was just a glitch or something and then the phone said it dosent support this type of media file. I was like..WTF. Then i went into Astro and my SD card was EMPTY! I think it was because unpluged my phone from my computer last night and forgot to dismount it. But the OP said he hasnt had it mounted in a while so i dont know how his got erased. And i did manualy update my droid to 2.0.1

Luckily my brother also has a droid and his SD card is fine so im just copying everything from his and pasting it onto mine, hopefully it will work. But i still lost all my pictures and other things i had saved on my card..
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Strange, I wouldn't think the card was bad, but you never know. This happened after your update? I wouldn't think it would matter (as they are the same thing just different delivery methods) but were these manual or ota updates? I updated a few days ago via ota and have yet to have this problem.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    looks like both mine and elias did the manual update.

I'm really hoping it doesnt keep doing this. I don't want to go 2-3 more weeks taking pictures, downloading documents, etc... just to have them disappear for no reason.

Is there some kind of log that this phone keeps in the background like the windows event viewer? Maybe that would lead to what happened.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Well this got me looking into Astro, luckily my files are there and intact...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links