DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: short battery life on motorola droid

  1. Junior Droid
    stemiched89's Avatar
    Member #
    13929
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #1

    short battery life on motorola droid

    I have had the motorolla droid now for 3 weeks i would like to say, and i have noticed that my battery drains quickly.
    i work in a refrigerated warehouse and tend to text a lot, and just today my phone only last 6 hours from the time i took it off the charger.
    all my old phones i would need to charge every night, but would at least last the night with heavy texting.

    i also have noticed with old phones before that if i charge it and take it off the charger when it was only for a short period of time but claims its full that the battery will die quickly.
    on the droid it stops charging as soon as its "full", is it not actually fully charging?

    i cant stand my phone only lasting half of my work shift...
  2. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,397
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #2
    are you running any unnecessary apps while working? leaving bluetooth, wifi, or gps on?

    I only use my phone moderately, but i watched a couple youtube videos today and i've been unplugged for over 13 hours and I'm at 80%.
  3. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,046
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #3
    Hey Stem welcome to the forums. This thread will get you started. Please use the search function to find the many threads on battery life. Again welcome aboard

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tec...tery-life.html
  4. Junior Droid
    stemiched89's Avatar
    Member #
    13929
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #4
    i turn off gps and wifi.
    do applications continue running and using battery life when i go back to the home page, or do i have to force close them using task killer?
    that could be the problem
  5. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stemiched89 View Post
    i turn off gps and wifi.
    do applications continue running and using battery life when i go back to the home page, or do i have to force close them using task killer?
    that could be the problem
    you don't need to force close. they manage themselves properly
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ackground.html
  6. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,397
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #6
    do you happen to play music while working? using Pandora uses audio and data at the same time, but i think you gotta run it for awhile to really kill your battery.

    Another thing could be screen brightness? I never have mine over 30%, 30% is plenty bright for me, usually i have it lower, so that could be another reason?

    But please read both those threads the Mods posts, they are very helpful
  7. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    do you happen to play music while working? using Pandora uses audio and data at the same time, but i think you gotta run it for awhile to really kill your battery.

    Another thing could be screen brightness? I never have mine over 30%, 30% is plenty bright for me, usually i have it lower, so that could be another reason?

    But please read both those threads the Mods posts, they are very helpful
    the display does use a lot of juice... i have mine set to auto-brightness.
  8. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,397
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin030908 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    do you happen to play music while working? using Pandora uses audio and data at the same time, but i think you gotta run it for awhile to really kill your battery.

    Another thing could be screen brightness? I never have mine over 30%, 30% is plenty bright for me, usually i have it lower, so that could be another reason?

    But please read both those threads the Mods posts, they are very helpful
    the display does use a lot of juice... i have mine set to auto-brightness.
    Yeah it does, and the display is already pretty darn bright at 10%, 30% is usable in sunlight imo, so i turn auto-brightness off. saves alot of battery
  9. Senior Droid
    DaHarder's Avatar
    Member #
    1387
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    200
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid X, Fascinate, G-Tab...
    #9
    I've read quite a few posts complaining about the DROID's battery life, but I don't appear to have any issues whatsoever with mine.

    I easily make it through an entire day of 'mixed usage' with at least 20 to 30% remaining.

    Maybe it's just that my (previous) iPhone 3GS had such horrendous battery autonomy, that anything's an improvement?
    Happy DROIDing
  10. Super Moderator
    Martin030908's Avatar
    Member #
    248
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8,836
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post
    I've read quite a few posts complaining about the DROID's battery life, but I don't appear to have any issues whatsoever with mine.

    I easily make it through an entire day of 'mixed usage' with at least 20 to 30% remaining.

    Maybe it's just that my (previous) iPhone 3GS had such horrendous battery autonomy, that anything's an improvement?
    if you've got your device set up properly the battery isn't bad. I get a full day of usage with web browsing, texting, phone calls, some e-mail, and using my phone as my primary music player.... I'm content with the battery now. I only charge it at night...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. battery life fix
    By ironslave in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 09:49 AM
  2. Battery Life?
    By zigalucard in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
  3. Short battery time :(
    By Bisjac in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
  4. Battery Life App?
    By mrpbjnance in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 07:50 PM
  5. Droid Battery Life
    By danDroid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 03:11 PM

Search tags for this page

droid battery life short

,
droid battery short
,

droid pandora battery

,
droidx short battery life
,
motorola droid short battery life
,
motorola droid x battery life short
,
motorola droid x short battery life
,
pandora droid battery life
,
short battery life for droid 3
,

short battery life on droid

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+