DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black or Half Black Screen after Unlock - HELP!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Exclamation Black or Half Black Screen after Unlock - HELP!

For the past few weeks I have been experiencing my Droid either having a complete Black screen or a half black screen after unlocking the phone. When its completely black, I am only able to lock and unlock the phone. When the screen is half black, I am able to see the home screen-wallpaper-access icons-etc but when I "click" say mobile banking, I am still only able to see half the screen. This happens if the phone is either closed or if I slide it open.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

If I need to take photos or explain more, please let me know. Looking for some help here.

TIA guys!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by [Ennis_D] View Post
    For the past few weeks I have been experiencing my Droid either having a complete Black screen or a half black screen after unlocking the phone. When its completely black, I am only able to lock and unlock the phone. When the screen is half black, I am able to see the home screen-wallpaper-access icons-etc but when I "click" say mobile banking, I am still only able to see half the screen. This happens if the phone is either closed or if I slide it open.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

If I need to take photos or explain more, please let me know. Looking for some help here.

TIA guys!
    I suspect water damage, if i'm wrong, reinsert SD card and install a fresh BBv04 from Bugless Beast .4

[ROM BETA] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed) - Android Forums

Download and install Blue Energy Theme
    Blue Energy 1.0.5.2 for FRF84B
    (DEODEXED VERSION ONLY!!! READ NOTES BELOW)
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...oid-2-2-a.html

and wipe data. If that does not work you may have to turn it ur phone to warranty and maybe get a Droid 2 replacement.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    sounds like your screen is dying or more likely the connection with the rest of the phone is going bad
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It was doing this before the Bugless was installed. That was my reason for rooting to see if it would cure the phone.

Not water damage. None of the "x" stickers have bled any and the phone is NEVER around water.

If I were to call Verizon, how would I go back to returning to stock? Rooted using EasyRoot btw.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It was doing this before the Bugless was installed. That was my reason for rooting to see if it would cure the phone.

Not water damage. None of the "x" stickers have bled any and the phone is NEVER around water.

If I were to call Verizon, how would I go back to returning to stock? Rooted using EasyRoot btw.
    I thought Easy root allowed you to unroot? You can also use ROM manager and install a stock ROM. I've heard about allot of people having their phones replaced even though their phone was rooted when they took it in.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    It does. Just wasnt sure if simply "clicking" Unroot if it would return the phone back to stock.

Using ROM manager (which I am using) I would go through and do "Stock Images" to return the phone back to the stock OS? Then through EasyRoot do "Unroot", or am I way off and making it too easy?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    My phone does the same thing from time to time. I figured it was ROM related, but you're running Beast, and I've been on Sapphire. Who knows. Interested in what everyone says.
    Ad astra per alia porci- John Steinbeck.
    No pigs cannot fly, but I am a seventh day porcinist and believe that bacon was brought to us by angels.

Razr, Charge, Thunderbolt, DroidX, Fascinate, OG Droid, GalaxyTab
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I guess thats good to hear that I am not the only one and presenting something new to people here.

I am interested in seeing what others say also. Esp from those who have experienced this and what they did about it
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone73 View Post

I thought Easy root allowed you to unroot? You can also use ROM manager and install a stock ROM. I've heard about allot of people having their phones replaced even though their phone was rooted when they took it in.
    OR you can always ask the pros. Live Support | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It does. Just wasnt sure if simply "clicking" Unroot if it would return the phone back to stock.

Using ROM manager (which I am using) I would go through and do "Stock Images" to return the phone back to the stock OS? Then through EasyRoot do "Unroot", or am I way off and making it too easy?
    yeah that sounds right....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links