DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Gallery opening to black screen

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Gallery opening to black screen

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I did a search but didn't find anything similar to the problem I'm having on my Motorola Droid, it's possible I was not using the proper search words.

Today my phone would not open into the gallery, it would just go to a black screen. My phone is rooted, and I'm using the FRG22D Rom, along with the Black Glass 2.2x theme. I used titanium backup to wipe the date on the stop gallery app, and that didn't work. Tried turning off the phone and pulling out the battery, that didn't work.

I did some searching on the web, and it's possible that this is an issue with the FRG22D Froyo 2.2. After I had installed the leaked FRG22D rom, I had a notice on my phone that there was an update, but since I am using a rooted phone, SPRecovery blocked the update. Does anyone know if there is a rom available with the current update? Woundering if this update to the Froyo 2.2 is a fix for this problem?

Another thing that I tried was using another app to access my photos. I installed Flikie Wallpaper, and 3D Gallery off of the market, and 3d Gallery works! I'm able to view my gallery as if I was using the stock Gallery app. So this leads me to believe that my stock Gallery app is some how corrupted. Anyone know of a way I can just install the gallery app? I didn't find the stock gallery app on the market.

So for the time being I'm going to use the 3d Gallery app that I downloaded off of the market, until I can find a way of fixing the stock Gallery app that came with the FRG22D rom.

Thanks!
    UPDATE
    I found out that it was a problem with the Black Glass theme, and a patch has been released, problem is now solved.
    Last edited by seahawk1984; 08-29-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Solved Problem

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    jleeusa
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I am having the same problem. After reading your post, it looks like the only similarity is we are both running the same theme. I don't have a solution, yet. Have you tried to restore a backup? I don't look to my gallery very often so I am not sure when it started. I've been experimenting with different roms. I will try to restore to prior to installing the theme and check back. If you figure something out please post. Also, I read today a few times that the old 3d gallery you installed is better any way, I have not tried.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jleeusa View Post
    I am having the same problem. After reading your post, it looks like the only similarity is we are both running the same theme. I don't have a solution, yet. Have you tried to restore a backup? I don't look to my gallery very often so I am not sure when it started. I've been experimenting with different roms. I will try to restore to prior to installing the theme and check back. If you figure something out please post. Also, I read today a few times that the old 3d gallery you installed is better any way, I have not tried.

The problem might be the version of Black Glass theme you are using, when I was having this problem a couple of days ago, I found that there was a patch for the theme from the thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ack-stock.html

I went to that thread just now, and I see that there is no longer a patch for the rom I'm using, but a fully revised theme. I don't know what Froyo ROM you are using, so what you might want to do is check that thread I listed above, and look under your particular rom (Sapphire, FRG22D, Bugless Beast, etc), you might either find a patch for the 3D Gallery, or an updated version of the Black Glass theme to download.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by seahawk1984; 08-31-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar errors

Links