DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Voice Dailer Problem/Recommendation

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

Question Voice Dailer Problem/Recommendation

I have a motorola droid. I was using the free voice dailer and it pulled up the right contacts just 25% of the time. After an update and *228 update, about 2 weeks ago, it stopped working. Now it "starts up", "listens" (for 1/2 second), then goes to please try again. I've called tech support and she wants me to do a hard reset which will change all my settings. My research tells me that some apps have a maximum number of contacts it will service. I have 1800 names on my server. What should I do? Reset or use another program? I don't mind paying a small amount.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by stindell View Post
    I have a motorola droid. I was using the free voice dailer and it pulled up the right contacts just 25% of the time. After an update and *228 update, about 2 weeks ago, it stopped working. Now it "starts up", "listens" (for 1/2 second), then goes to please try again. I've called tech support and she wants me to do a hard reset which will change all my settings. My research tells me that some apps have a maximum number of contacts it will service. I have 1800 names on my server. What should I do? Reset or use another program? I don't mind paying a small amount.
    I have only a few contacts and have a similar problem. It will get the right contact more often than not, but when I say "Melissa Mobile" it will 80% of the time choose "Melissa Work" no matter what I do. Other than that I get the same "Please Try Again". I love the droid, but I feel like the voice recognition for contacts really sucks, which is weird because the speech to chat is quite spot on. As far as a voice recognition program goes, I think android fell for the banana in the tailpipe...
    "Because talent won't be quiet, doesn't know how to be quiet. Whether it's a talent for safe-cracking, thoughtreading, or dividing ten-digit numbers in your head, it screams to be used. It never shuts up. It'll wake you in the middle of your tiredest night, screaming, 'Use me, use me, use me! I'm tired of just sitting here! Use me, ****head, use me!'"
    --Ted Brautigan

Links