DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid won't power off when charging

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Droid won't power off when charging

When I go to power off my Droid while its USB charger is plugged in, it shuts down and then immediately powers on again. If I power it off without the charger in, it shuts down fine. But then as soon as I plug in the charger the Droid powers on. Is this potentially some sort of hardware bug? Is there some sort of setting that might be causing this? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help!

3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    It's normal, all Droids do this.

There have been several threads about this, please use the search function next time
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for your response.

I did indeed search for this issue on the forums before posting, using several different search criteria which felt relevant. All turned up nothing.

Again, thanks.
  5. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fwiw View Post
    Thanks for your response.

I did indeed search for this issue on the forums before posting, using several different search criteria which felt relevant. All turned up nothing.

Again, thanks.
    glad to help and welcome to the forums and your Droid!

Also you will be noticing an update within the week. There is a thread about it already so feel free to read up on it there, but since you seem new, just mess around with the phone. It's awesome
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post

There have been several threads about this, please use the search function next time
    Unfortunately ALL droids do not do this. I am charging mine right now, and i decided to turn it off, just to check and it has not come back on, and the charging light is still active.

If the droid is off, and you put the power into it. yes it will turn your device back on, if the device is on and you put the power plug in and THEN turn your phone off, it does not restart.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by New2u View Post

Unfortunately ALL droids do not do this. I am charging mine right now, and i decided to turn it off, just to check and it has not come back on, and the charging light is still active.

If the droid is off, and you put the power into it. yes it will turn your device back on, if the device is on and you put the power plug in and THEN turn your phone off, it does not restart.
    hmm sorry for the misinformation then. I was speaking off of personal experience. I never thought about turning it off once it was plugged in. Did you happen to get the update as well New2u?

edit: Oh yes, turning mine off while on the charger doesn't work, the phone boots up as well. I just tried it. I just haven't done it ever since I first got the phone so I forgot about it.
    Last edited by dezymond; 12-08-2009 at 12:54 PM.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    Premium Member

hmm sorry for the misinformation then. I was speaking off of personal experience. I never thought about turning it off once it was plugged in. Did you happen to get the update as well New2u?

edit: Oh yes, turning mine off while on the charger doesn't work, the phone boots up as well. I just tried it.
    Nope i'm still on 2.0, I have always been able to turn my device off when it's got the plug in it. it's never booted back up unless I hit the power button again. Though if i put the power plug in while it's off it will turn back on. Hmm, very strange.
    Resistance is futile.

On 11/16/2009 DroidNet Became Aware
  9. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member

edit: Oh yes, turning mine off while on the charger doesn't work, the phone boots up as well. I just tried it.
    Nope i'm still on 2.0, I have always been able to turn my device off when it's got the plug in it. it's never booted back up unless I hit the power button again. Though if i put the power plug in while it's off it will turn back on. Hmm, very strange.
    No idea then. I did what you do, by turning the phone off once it's plugged in. I did notice the charging light turns off as well, and about 5 seconds later my phone boots back up. Did this process twice just now. I'm not really concerned since other than that my phone runs normal and I never turn it off.

I believe the update is supposed to fix this correct?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    And just to add my own experience: when the phone is plugged in and I turn it off it turns back on again. I'm on 2.0.
  11. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fwiw View Post
    And just to add my own experience: when the phone is plugged in and I turn it off it turns back on again. I'm on 2.0.
    Haha, guess we on the same boat. I'm running 2.0 as well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links