DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Droid unlockable?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    If ur going to switch over to verizon i would just sell that phone on ebay, and then open a contract with verizon so u can have 2 year contract price and insurance if u wanted it. just a suggestion
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Buck View Post
    I just checked ebay and typed in "unlocked motorola droid" and most of the results said unlocked motorola milestone, so most likely u have the milestone. look back at ur auction to make sure. I reccomend asking the buyer for a refund due to an inaccurate description if it says "motorola droid" and doesn't say milestone anywhere. Since thats not what you paid for you could contact ebay (after trying the seller ofcourse) and they will get u your money back.

But if it's a Milestone then t should have a sim slot and work on at&t...That's what the OP wanted...right?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    I just checked ebay and typed in "unlocked motorola droid" and most of the results said unlocked motorola milestone, so most likely u have the milestone. look back at ur auction to make sure. I reccomend asking the buyer for a refund due to an inaccurate description if it says "motorola droid" and doesn't say milestone anywhere. Since thats not what you paid for you could contact ebay (after trying the seller ofcourse) and they will get u your money back.

But if it's a Milestone then t should have a sim slot and work on at&t...That's what the OP wanted...right?
    Yeah, but i don't know if its confirmed that it would work on at&t network in the US.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member

Yeah, but i don't know if its confirmed that it would work on at&t network in the US.
    It should...AFAIK GSM it GSM.....Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible

It should...AFAIK GSM it GSM.....Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...
    according to some articles on google it will work, but its not sure of whether google maps would work or not. i don't see the droid or milestone reaching its full capabilities on at&t but thats a personal preference i guess
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (v1)
    Well, look at the specs of the Milestone:

Voice Bands:

GSM 850/900/1800/1900
    W-CDMA 900/2100 or 850/1900/2100

Data Bands:

GPRS/EDGE Class 12
    HSDPA 10.1
    HSUPA 5.7

---

The iPhone specs are the following:

• UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
    • GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

So, given it supports HSDPA and EDGE, at the same Frequencies as the iPhone, (And this is taking the specs off the US website), it should be, technically, compatible with the AT&T network, so long as he takes the SIM from his AT&T GSM phone and stick it in his Milestone.

His only real drawback will be the inability to use some of the AT&T services that AT&T supports via phones, given it is not a supported phone, and he will not get any OTA updates, as it is usually the carrier that pushes out the updates for the phones versus the manufacturers like Motorola. Otherwise, I am sure a lot of us Droid users would be hammering ther crap out of Motorola for the early Droid OS update only 1000 users have gotten so far.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links