DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragging music files from computer to Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Cool Dragging music files from computer to Droid

After dragging music files from computer to Droid via usb connection all files show up on my computer as being moved to Droid. When I disconnect Droid and pull up music app some files are there ready to play and others or not anywhere to be found on Droid. Any ideas are appreciated.....other than this my Droid is pain free.

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    open up the gallery and more than likely you will find them there.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    I'd recommend getting a file browser app on your Droid as well. You can determine if the format is incorrect. I had a problem with that last night. I was trying to get the "Merry Christmas! Sh*tter was Full" sound clip for my notifications, and I kept getting the wrong format.

The Media player wouldn't find it, but I found it in the file browser and figured out what I needed to do to get the right format!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Thanks a lot.

I do appreciate the feedback fellows...I will check it out and get back..Thank you both!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    Are you choosing to "safely remove hardware" before removing your Droid from the PC? Windows will show the files copied before the buffer has finished, and if you unplug your Droid before Windows finishes copying the files... well.. obviously they will not be there.

Short of that... as others have mentioned... get something like Astro File Manager and look to see if the files are on the card and not being recognized... or not there at all.

Astro File Manager

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    last night i put some music on my Droid. i ripped music off of a CD using windows media player and the files weren't recognized simply because of the way the were labeled. they showed up in the file manager program i got from the app store but did not show up in the music player. i deleted them, and then ripped them again but with the labeling in a different format and they worked like a charm.

so it seems like it all comes down to how the songs are labeled and sorted.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    last night i put some music on my Droid. i ripped music off of a CD using windows media player and the files weren't recognized simply because of the way the were labeled. they showed up in the file manager program i got from the app store but did not show up in the music player. i deleted them, and then ripped them again but with the labeling in a different format and they worked like a charm.

Yep. That's probably all related to how the phone handles file formats. Do you recall what the differences were, just in case someone has the same problem down the road?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :)
    Quote Originally Posted by zegolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

Yep. That's probably all related to how the phone handles file formats. Do you recall what the differences were, just in case someone has the same problem down the road?
    artist, album, and song title are what i selected and now it works. i'm not sure what was selected before. maybe i had track number selected as well, i'm not sure.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Thanks to everyone for the replies and ideas.

The files do show up when I view the contents of the sd card of the Droid using file browser on my pc but again do not show up when looking at the music app on the Droid itself. According to the file browser on my computer they are sitting right along side of music that does play fine. I have checked the properties of all and all are the same. All of these music files were purchased on itunes and I a moving them from one of my raid 1 storage drives. I will get the above mentioned file browser from the Droid and see what I come up with. Thank you all for your interest, comments, and helpful attitude. RD
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by redart View Post
    All of these music files were purchased on itunes and I a moving them from one of my raid 1 storage drives.
    That might be your culprit. I'm not sure how the Droid handles DRM, but my guess is those files aren't authorized to play on any device that isn't the iPod you sync with.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links