DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 Update Makes Original Droid Unusable

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung GN2
    Got the 2.2 update today and the only problem was with the gps putting me in the wrong location, but this was fixed after about 10 minutes. Running stock droid with no task killers or anti-virus. Love the updated exchange features of adding signature, sorting by last name and exchange directory search built in.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Phone won't boot after update

I can't believe this! If I had known it was going to be a problem, I would have skipped the update. I told it to 'wait until later' all day today, then decided to allow it to update during my drive home from work. Now I have no phone, no internet, no e-mail, nothing - just an unusable phone with the Droid logo on the screen, permanently.

I tried removing the battery twice. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this?
    Thanks
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Fyi, I did the manual update last week and have not experienced any of the problems you have mentioned ... odd!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    My phone was screwing up bad since the FRG01B OTA update. I took off task killer and removed alot off stuff and still it was bad. It was basically done for. Wouldnt even boot. I took it to Verizon and they gave me a BRAND new Droid 1! Running 2.1! BTW, does anyone know of a OTA update of 2.2 FRG22 rolling out anytime soon for Droid 1? Ive read some things about but no good answer.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Major issues with 2.2 upgrade!!!!

Since running the OTA 2.2 upgrade I have had several problems. All my ringtones are mixed up, My notification tones are as well. Everything seems to have slowed down, rather than speeding up as I was expecting. I do use a task killer and have found that it no longer kills the requested running apps, at least not all of them. I do use Lookout for anti-virus. I'm not at all happy with the upgrade and am finding apps force closing frequently. Even my Bluetooth force closes. I'm not sure how to proceed at this point. I loved my phone until all this began happening. It just seems that there are a lot of bugs in this upgrade. Is there a chance that because of the issues that a "patch" or revised upgrade would come out?
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    TRUST ME! you guys are not the only ones with the froyo update for 2.2 ! i was in verizon today with problems with my droid 3 people came in with completely unuseable phones! i dont know if you'd call it "bricked" persay but all they would do is boot to the Motorola "M" in the beginning then they were stuck there!!! then when the service tech tried reloading 2.1 on them they completely "BRICKED" like wouldnt boot wouldnt even power on !!! people were pissed! On a better note all 3 were offered the "Droid-X" for their trouble!
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have extremely long startup times. I have to wait approximately 10-15 minutes for the phone to completely startup if a I do a battery pull or turn the phone off. Once the phone is running it is ok, no other problems to report.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by aowen7a View Post
    TRUST ME! you guys are not the only ones with the froyo update for 2.2 ! i was in verizon today with problems with my droid 3 people came in with completely unuseable phones! i dont know if you'd call it "bricked" persay but all they would do is boot to the Motorola "M" in the beginning then they were stuck there!!! then when the service tech tried reloading 2.1 on them they completely "BRICKED" like wouldnt boot wouldnt even power on !!! people were pissed! On a better note all 3 were offered the "Droid-X" for their trouble!

Mine did the same thing. It just has the "M". I work second shift so I have to wait till tuesday morning to take it in.
    So you could say, Everyone who's phone was a little disorganized, be happy. Mine is a paper weight
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    To everyone with update problems;

If you can boot to the home screen, try installing a different version of the update, available here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-get-here.html

The method for forcing the install is here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ut-thread.html

The first link is to a file that reinstalls the same update you have on there, but it rewrites the entire system rather than patching it. Net result is a cleaner install that has fewer issues and less lag. The first boot may take some time.

To those of you who cannot get out of a boot loop, try going to the rescue squad forum.

Rescue Squad - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

They have lots of threads and advice and the members are the best.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDroid View Post
    My phone was screwing up bad since the FRG01B OTA update. I took off task killer and removed alot off stuff and still it was bad. It was basically done for. Wouldnt even boot. I took it to Verizon and they gave me a BRAND new Droid 1! Running 2.1! BTW, does anyone know of a OTA update of 2.2 FRG22 rolling out anytime soon for Droid 1? Ive read some things about but no good answer.
    See my previous post to force-update your system to the current 2.2 build.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links