DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid 2 Battery Drain

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Droid 2 Battery Drain

I purchased the Droid 2 and the battery life on it frankly sucks. The ATK doesn't seem to work because of the way Froyo 2.2 is made. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues and a possible solution. I've had to charge it twice today, once only after 5 hours.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Yeah, me too... and it seems to be an issue with quite a lot of people... I don't know what it is. This is my first smart phone, but I really didn't think the battery would drain that fast... today I tried to do as little as possible, and I went to play with it later in the day, and it was dead... I didn't even turn the screen on!!! It has to be something with all the apps. running. I have Advanced Task Killer, but as soon as you kill the tasks, they pop right back up. I'm a little frusterated... Any tips to help this battery draining issue would be fantastic
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid and Fascinate
    Does it get the same bad battery life without ATK running? ATK has been known too destroy battery life in some cases, not improve it. You might try using it without it for now.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Yeah, that's what I've been hearing, so that was part one of trying to improve the situation... idk, it just doesn't make sense. Why make a phone with so much capabilities with apps., widgets, etc. if the battery isn't going to last more than a few hours?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid and Fascinate
    Would you mind posting what you battery usage is showing? It might help people lead you to your problem.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Well, it says the display is using 90%... but again, I have it set to 15 seconds to turn off or w/e... It's on automatic, and I tried to put it to the lowest setting, and the percentage doesn't move..? The other big one is about 10, and is the Android System... and there used to be another one up there: the Motorola Services thing... What's really weird though is about a minute ago, there were a ton of apps. showing about 1%, then I deleted the App Killer, and all of those are gone under the battery management thing... so now the Display went from 50% usage to 90%... the display seriously can't be the bulk of my power... It's not on that often? or is it?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid and Fascinate
    The display is usually only outdone by long voice calls. If it's anything like the original droid, 50% seems about accurate, 90% seems a little ridiculous honestly, unless there have been some significant efficiency improvements in the processor.

The reason the others disappeared is, most likely, because ATK has stopped trying to kill the processes and they went to sleep like they should, instead of using the CPU to have to restart and then be shut down again.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid and Fascinate
    Oh, and I would suggest you let the phone sit unplugged for a while. At least a half hour. Maybe restart it and see if your power consumption is any different now. If you still have problems please post what the battery usage is doing.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Very interesting... do you know how to get rid of apps. like City ID... it won't let me uninstall some apps. like that... also, how do you use the new feature to update all the apps. at once? Thanks for the help too... I'm a n00b at this, haha.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links