DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Drizzy Droid gotta virus.. i think

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Drizzy Droid

My Drizzy Droid gotta virus.. i think

My droid is actin like a real bish and clickin on stuff and moving the screen, calling voicemail and people without me even touching anything. I called Verizon, they made me reset the phoen back to factory and i still does the same thing. could it be i have a virus? I was charging it at work thru the computer , the pc got a virus so i guess it spread to my drizzy, is there a way to get a anti virus scan ran on my droid?

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080peso View Post
    My droid is actin like a real bish and clickin on stuff and moving the screen, calling voicemail and people without me even touching anything. I called Verizon, they made me reset the phoen back to factory and i still does the same thing. could it be i have a virus? I was charging it at work thru the computer , the pc got a virus so i guess it spread to my drizzy, is there a way to get a anti virus scan ran on my droid?
    You don't have a Virus. What you have is a warranty. Use it. If a factory data reset didn't fix it, there has to be a problem.

Just out of curiosity do you use a different charger then the one that came with your Droid? I've heard of strange behavior like this when plugged into chargers that were not up to speed.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    uh oh. I should be careful then. I've been using different chargers that didn't come with my droid for the last few weeks. So far, I have not encountered any problems but it's better to be safe then sorry.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Drizzy Droid
    yea this charger belongs to another verizon phone. its not the one that came with the phone.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    yea this charger belongs to another verizon phone. its not the one that came with the phone.
    Well, charge it with the proper charger and see if that doesn't cure this bazaar behavior.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Drizzy Droid
    is there a way to disable the touch screen or something. New phone doesnt come til wednesday...i hate friday the 13th...but soon as i unlock it man it starts actin foolish. i guess it gets tired then i can select a few items but once it rests its back at it
    1080Peso..in HD
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I think there were reports of it acting funny only when the phone was actually plugged in to some chargers. If you're not actually charging and it still happens then that's not the problem.

You're hands aren't wet, are they?

You should try booting into safe mode. If it still happens then I guess you need a new one. If safe mode fixes it then it's one of your apps causing problems.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Drizzy Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post
    I think there were reports of it acting funny only when the phone was actually plugged in to some chargers. If you're not actually charging and it still happens then that's not the problem.

You should try booting into safe mode. If it still happens then I guess you need a new one. If safe mode fixes it then it's one of your apps causing problems.

all the apps are erased, verizon had me reset the phone an dits on factory default now. i have it locked but its trying to slide the unlock across without me even touching it
    1080Peso..in HD
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    vzw s3
    why does everyone assume they have a virus on there phone now?
    The latest ain't always the greatest!
  11. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aminaked View Post

all the apps are erased, verizon had me reset the phone an dits on factory default now. i have it locked but its trying to slide the unlock across without me even touching it
    Wow, that's some spooky stuff. Pull the battery, you're without a phone until Wednesday it looks like.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links