DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phone won't go to silent mode.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Phone won't go to silent mode.

After the 2.2 update my phone won't go to silent mode.

I would hold down the volume bar on the right side of the phone and the used to go to silent mode, now as far down as it will go is the vibrate mode, anyone else have this problem? Any fix?

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid w/ Froyo
    I had this problem also. Go into menu, sounds, then vibrate. Select something other than always and then u can turn it to silent with the volume button.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Awesome Triumph! That is what it was, thank you for the quick response.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Triumphrider View Post
    I had this problem also. Go into menu, sounds, then vibrate. Select something other than always and then u can turn it to silent with the volume button.

I have this issue too, and I did what you said, but now it eliminates the Vibrate option in the volume control. Did it do that to yours too?

I am not happy with this update at all. I don't even want this phone anymore.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubs44 View Post

I have this issue too, and I did what you said, but now it eliminates the Vibrate option in the volume control. Did it do that to yours too?

With ya there... for 8 months Ive toggled between vibrate mode and silent mode for 9 hours a day 5 days a week with the click of one button... now its gone...

They blatantly removed the Vibrate mode... and now vibrate is a global option that either replaces ur silent mode (thus making it not silent), or vibrates during normal volume.

I'm honestly surprised at how little reaction this terrible change is getting...

Other than this, I love 2.2
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by gekko3558 View Post

With ya there... for 8 months Ive toggled between vibrate mode and silent mode for 9 hours a day 5 days a week with the click of one button... now its gone...

They blatantly removed the Vibrate mode... and now vibrate is a global option that either replaces ur silent mode (thus making it not silent), or vibrates during normal volume.

I'm honestly surprised at how little reaction this terrible change is getting...

I am not just surprised I am shocked at how little response this issue is receiving. How can anyone that uses Droid in a business setting get by with silent only or vibrate only. This is a huge screw up on somebody's part.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreg View Post
    I am not just surprised I am shocked at how little response this issue is receiving. How can anyone that uses Droid in a business setting get by with silent only or vibrate only. This is a huge screw up on somebody's part.
    I am trying to do everything to get this issue out. I have written verizon, written google support. I wish there was something I could do to really express how difficult it is to use the phone the way ive been using phones for the past 8 years.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola
    I am with you guys. I hate it. They also changed the auto on when you unplug the charger. I now have to press the on button after unplugging the phone from its nightly charge to see if I have any missed calls or notifications. The silent/vibrate thing pisses me off more though.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by gekko3558 View Post

That drives me nuts also, not being able to toggle to vibrate and then silent, someone really F'd this up.
  11. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    I just discovered that when you hit the power button and you're on the screen to unlock the phone the right slide takes you to vibrate, not complete silence. Oh well, I have a widget to do that, but it's still surprising.

Maybe the FRG22 update will take care of it, or someone will make an app to change it back to the way it was.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links