DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can't find my new ringtones

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Question Can't find my new ringtones

as a quick intro - been a smart phone user by years - blackberry. Just got my droid X last week. Got 5 ringtones today from Verizon store but can't save as ringtones from the text message sent (even tho the Verizon instructions said that I could). So they're somewhere on my phone, I just can't find them. They didn't end up in "settings" under "phone ringtone." Help!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Premium Member
    Welcome to Droidforums Deni...

I'm going to move your thread where it will get more exposure.

Enjoy your stay here.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Rooted D1, Stock DInc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Deni580 View Post
    as a quick intro - been a smart phone user by years - blackberry. Just got my droid X last week. Got 5 ringtones today from Verizon store but can't save as ringtones from the text message sent (even tho the Verizon instructions said that I could). So they're somewhere on my phone, I just can't find them. They didn't end up in "settings" under "phone ringtone." Help!
    Try the download folder or the media>audio>ringtone folder. Not sure how X is set up folder-wise but that's a good place to start. Check for a Verizon folder too.

I would think if you went into settings to change your ringtone they would show up as options, regardless of where they are on your sdcard.
    Last edited by mountaineerndixie; 08-07-2010 at 07:24 PM.
  5. XOOM RS Team Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Phone
    MOTO X + Nexus 7
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deni580 View Post
    Can you hook it up to a computer with the USB cable and browse the folders to verify it is on the SD card? If you can't see it anywhere on there they might not have saved. Check the "downloads" folder on the card.
    I was told to create folders called "ringtones", "notifications" and "music" on mine and put things in those. Amazingly enough, the phone sees everything I place in those.

If you don;t know how to mount your SD card when plugging it into the computer, let us know and we can walk you through the steps.

6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Tried and no go

"Try the download folder or the media>audio>ringtone folder" I have an app for "files" and what's in there are "phone files" and in there are folders but nothing from today (which is when I downloaded the ring tones). I can access the ring tones from the text message sent to me by the Verizon store and I can hear the ring tones. I just can save them to anywhere, and b/c of that, I can't access them. Also, I don't have a folder called "media".

I can hook the phone up to my computer with a USB cable, but I don't see a way to browse the folders. So any help you could give me there would be appreciated. Thx much.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Once you have your phone hooked up to your computer, drag the notification bar on your phone down and tell it to allow USB connection (and then mount it). Your computer should automatically assign a drive letter for your phone at which point you'd be able to browse the phone like it was another hard drive.

What is the name of the app you're using? Because that sounds odd that it has phone files but doesn't allow access to the SD card, which is generally where items get saved on the phone.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Smile finding ringtones I downloaded

I'm new at this too--but I finally went to the music folder, and found all of the ones I downloaded there---then I just had to play one and then had the option to set it as a ringtone.
    Then I went back to my contacts and under options was able to select the ringtone---so I use about 8 different ones, for friends, family, co-workers etc! Hope this helps someone

Links