DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Phone says text message memory full

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I had the same text message memory notification happen to me. I was able to get rid of the message by cleaning up my external memory card, and then moving as many apps as I could from the phone storage to the SD card. As soon as I cleaned up enough internal memory all the backed up text messages flooded in. It's been working normally ever since.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Well I'm still looking for a solution to this for my wifes Droid1... I've got a Droid1 as well but have NEVER had a problem. I have cleaned cache's a zillion times... she has no SMS threads saved or anything. We both use Handcent SMS... we both use LauncherPro (I have the Plus version)... I installed accleaner on both phones to check that cache were cleared... both clear... that app shows her phone as having 31 applications on the phone and has only 27MB of phone memory left... I show 71 applications and have still have 80MB...

I've gone into her phone and deleted random, leftover files and folders from her SD card (as I do to mine periodically) but wonder if there is a way to do this to the on-board memory space. Any suggestions? I've never encountered an issue with shortage of memory. We have many of the same applications including Weather Bug Elite... I even keep a WB widget on my desktop at all times... updates regularly... The only thing that I KNOW for sure is that she DOES use a lot more text messages than I do on a regular basis... I'll use 300-400 a month, she'll use 3000-4000 sometimes more... maybe LOTS more.

I'm curious, does the Android system keep messages in a random cache somewhere on the phone... something like I've heard that even when you delete email from a PC, it is still there and can be somehow recovered? Could this problem have anything to do with using Handcent? Even though I use it too and maybe I just haven't had a problem since I use a fraction of the text messages that she does (and my time is coming)? Just weird that I have 80MB's left compared to her 27MB. And I have so many more apps...

If anyone has anything to add, please speak up... thanks!

Randy... aka THEVilllageIdiot!
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    having the same problem here with a moto droid 1, and I have neither the weather channel app nor the tv guide one. If y'all are still having problems we could see what apps we have in common?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    The only thing that seems to work for me is saving my contacts via Google and not to the phone and clearing my Dolphin browser cache daily. Anytime I get the low memory warning, as soon as I clear my cache it goes away.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Cleared dolphin's cache and went from 12-15% internal memory left to 40% free. Good Lord, I'm going to have to make sure to do that more often.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Awesome. I'm glad it helped you, too.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid a855

problem solved!

i had the same problem. it was driving me crazy getting noti's like every five minutes. anyway, i was reading on here looking for advice, tried everything that was suggested, it did not work, kept tinkering with it, and low and behold figured it out. here we go, go to settings> applications> manage applications, (3rd from right, select) all> (scroll down, select) messaging > select force stop. this worked for me without restoring or deleting apps.

your welcome.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid a855

problem solved!

i had the same problem. it was driving me crazy getting noti's like every five minutes. anyway, i was reading on here looking for advice, tried everything that was suggested, it did not work, kept tinkering with it, and low and behold figured it out. here we go, go to settings> applications> manage applications, (3rd from right, select) all> (scroll down, select) messaging > select force stop. this worked for me without restoring or deleting apps.

your welcome.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Hello Friend

your problem is very common just format your set and you got free file...
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Id try clearing cache see if that fixes the issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links