DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Signal issues..Droid X

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

Angry Signal issues..Droid X

I bought my phone the day that it came out with no issues, until this past Tuesday. Ever since then I have had no signal, tried resetting the phone, pulled the battery, airplane mode on/off, wiped the phone to its original state..(no new apps etc., the day it quit)

So this morning I took the phone into a Vzw store, the girl I talked to there plugged the phone into a charger, wiped the phone, and I had full service and it worked fine after that like it SHOULD. I synced my contacts, installed youmail, and since have had no service again! ( I wiped the phone prior to her doing it, but it didn't do anything, and have wiped it again at home since, but nothing still )

It will show a red line through the signal bar, but will never show 3g/1x etc.,.. The fact that this girl fixed it this morning made me think that it's a software issue and not a hardware problem.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions? I'm up for anything at this point..

** Signal strength is -120 dBm, 0 asu, mobile network state says disconnected, mobile network type says unknown.
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylec922 View Post
    I bought my phone the day that it came out with no issues, until this past Tuesday. Ever since then I have had no signal, tried resetting the phone, pulled the battery, airplane mode on/off, wiped the phone to its original state..(no new apps etc., the day it quit)

So this morning I took the phone into a Vzw store, the girl I talked to there plugged the phone into a charger, wiped the phone, and I had full service and it worked fine after that like it SHOULD. I synced my contacts, installed youmail, and since have had no service again! ( I wiped the phone prior to her doing it, but it didn't do anything, and have wiped it again at home since, but nothing still )

It will show a red line through the signal bar, but will never show 3g/1x etc.,.. The fact that this girl fixed it this morning made me think that it's a software issue and not a hardware problem.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions? I'm up for anything at this point..

** Signal strength is -120 dBm, 0 asu, mobile network state says disconnected, mobile network type says unknown.
    I think you're having a problem with the tower. Call Verizon, explain what you have done and they will write up a trouble ticket for you. It will take about 4 days for them to fix it, but they will fix it.

If after 4 days you don't see an improvement call them back and ask for a status on the ticket. This should get resolved fairly easy.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Closed because of cross posting. Please do not do that, it is not allowed. Only one thread per subject in one area. If it belongs somewhere else we will move it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct

Links