DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Super weird sd card bug not allowing phone to boot.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Super weird sd card bug not allowing phone to boot.

I had a really weird thing happen to me. I was running saphire froyo rom and my phone started acting crazy, getting supper hot, freezing all of the time, etc. This was happening over about two days. All of a sudden i looked at my phone and it was black with the soft keys lit. Tried to re-boot and it would start, but then it would go to a black screen. I could tell it was on, the screen was on, but just black. Sometimes when I would hit the power button the soft keys would light, but that was all I could get out of it. When i think back the last thing i remember doing was running fix permissions in rom manager (maybe that had something to do with it?). Anyways, after trying a bunch of different things (wipe data, nandroid back-up, cache) i figured out it was actually my sd card that was causing the problems. I noticed the problem would happen on boot up when it would start reading my sd card. Installed a new one and the problem went away.

Now, i starting erasing files one by one using my computer and re-trying my sd card. Never got rid of the problem. Then i tried to erase all files and a few were unable to be erased. Tried the sd card again. Same problem. then inserted my sd card into my computer again and it gave me a message saying there might be a problem with my sd card and do i want to try and fix it automatically. Said yes, then i was able to erase all of the files on the sd card. One of the files i couldn't erase was x-scope. Is it possible i got a virus or something? It's a bummer because now I've lost everything on the sd card, but i'm happy that I was able to save my sd card. Any ideas?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Not sure on causes but I'm having similar problems with my gf's phone. Had her running BB 0.4 with Black Glass running flawlessly. Tried to make a backup to switch themes yesterday and the recovery said it couldn't mount the sd card. Been having tons of problems since; it's been super laggy and I still can't properly mount the sd card. Will be keeping an eye on this thread and going to try removing stuff from the sd card.

Links