DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: How to set up Tasker

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

How to set up Tasker

I have set rooted my original droid and my droid x, loaded custom ROMs, made change after change and never had any real issues or needed to much assistance but for the life of me, I can not figure out how to use tasker! I want to have GPS come on when i use GPS apps (my tracks, maps, ect.) I would like to have it so when I plug in headphones the volume is set to a specific range. Really don't know all of the other options but I think once I can figure out some of it I will be fine. Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone9191 View Post
    I have set rooted my original droid and my droid x, loaded custom ROMs, made change after change and never had any real issues or needed to much assistance but for the life of me, I can not figure out how to use tasker! I want to have GPS come on when i use GPS apps (my tracks, maps, ect.) I would like to have it so when I plug in headphones the volume is set to a specific range. Really don't know all of the other options but I think once I can figure out some of it I will be fine. Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated.
    There is a link to the website in the OP post - it seems pretty detailed. I downloaded earlier this afternoon and have not set it up yet.

How to turn your android phone into a fully automated super phone
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @iceryda
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone9191 View Post
    I was able to set up apps to open gps. But I was not able to have the gps go off when I exit the app. What I did notice though is when I opened a different app then gps would turn off. So much to learn with this app.
    Galaxy Nexus
    Rom: AOKP 38
    Kernel: Franco Milestone 4
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by awsolot View Post
    I was able to set up apps to open gps. But I was not able to have the gps go off when I exit the app. What I did notice though is when I opened a different app then gps would turn off. So much to learn with this app.
    Did you try putting in a specific "GPS off" task in the profile? I know Tasker is supposed to turn things like GPS off when you exit an app for which you turned it on, but that doesn't seem to work on my Incredible. I just added a last action in my profile to turn GPS off. Works great for My Tracks, Navigate, GPS Status, etc.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Recieve SMS, notification

Setting up tasker to play a different sound if i recieve an sms from a certain number. The task looks relativly simple, but......
    Ik can only select Alert, Receive text (no sms option) and then choose sms or mms. The task that is preformed is always done after i received an sms. Tasker does not intercept an sms, but performs the action/task i want after i have received it, please help

Links