DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Yahoo mail glitch

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid (android 2.1)

Yahoo mail glitch

I've had my droid for a few months and have had no problems with my yahoo mail until now (except sometimes the mailbox wasn't in sync with online mailbox). Today suddenly all messages sent from my phone via yahoo didn't send the text I typed, but instead replaced it with a random email I had received on that account! In other words, I tried to email a friend and somehow the text she received was an email I had gotten from my father and not what I typed to her at all. (And that was the least embarassing.)

I rebooted the droid, and the test email I sent a friend came back blank, so that's an improvement. I've had no problems sending email from yahoo via the internet on my work computer, just the phone.

Any ideas on solving this?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    A good idea might be to switch to gmail? I'm not being facetious here. If you have a gmail or google apps email account then go to the SETTINGS tab then the ACCOUNTS tab. From there it's a breeze to set it up to pull your yahoo mail into your gmail (or gapps) account. You can send using the yahoo account to. When I'm talking about the SETTINGS and ACCOUNTS tab, I'm talking about them using your desktop browser to access, not your phone.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by maxnicks View Post
    A good idea might be to switch to gmail? I'm not being facetious here. If you have a gmail or google apps email account then go to the SETTINGS tab then the ACCOUNTS tab. From there it's a breeze to set it up to pull your yahoo mail into your gmail (or gapps) account. You can send using the yahoo account to. When I'm talking about the SETTINGS and ACCOUNTS tab, I'm talking about them using your desktop browser to access, not your phone.
    I've had a similar issue. On a couple occasions, I have opened an email in my Yahoo account on my phone to find that the text was actually of a different email in the inbox.

Using the method described, when you send using the yahoo account, are you using the yahoo interface too? Are all your yahoo contacts accessible using this method? Thanks.

Links