I have given up using the built in GMAIL and email apps and only acccess email via the brower interface until this is fixed.
These Faults seem to be with the security on all the Android phones as the all use android OS which neds allot more improvements.
1) All the apps and email apps should be able to have password protection as aoption. The built in passsword for the phone is not good enough.
2) You should be able to switch between line passwords on the phone and your google password or a dedicated phone only password. But even if you use a phone password you should still be able to lock down indiviual apps and email accounts.
3) Old phones using the verizon email apps had this feature as you could set it to prompt for your password every time or not
4) I have seen posts about a droid manual but I have not seen a link. The droid forums seem a steps in the right direction and maybe the manual is somewhere on here but I haven't found it yet.
5) One touch dialing needs great improvement but you have to do 4-5 steps to get there. 1) press unlock, 2) Slide Unlock, 3) enter pw if set, 4) get to home screen or dialer app, 5)Get to right page in app or home screen for shortcut one touch dialing. \
The emaill password problem and the one touch dialing is a huge pain and biggest problem I have seen with the droid phones even though I switched my easier phone for a droid to get better internet access and apps I am asking for fixes suggestions improvements from the cell phone makers and Verizon to fix and improve these problems as it would improve the phone greatly.
I posted this in the password protect thread also