DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Finding my contacts on Motorola Droid

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Finding my contacts on Motorola Droid

Okay, so I apologize for already asking for help, ten minutes after registering, but I'll sure appreciate anyone who can give me some guidance.

I took my old phone (BlackBerry) and my new Droid to a Verizon store to have the contacts transferred. I then set up my Facebook app. When I opened the contact list, all I found was my Facebook contacts, so I thought, "Maybe the Verizon guy didn't properly transfer my contacts from my BlackBerry." However, I proceeded to dial, like, three numbers from my BlackBerry contact list (none of whom even have Facebook accounts, incidentally) into my Droid, and their names came up when I hit 'send'. In other words, my BlackBerry contact list IS 'in' this Droid somewhere, but I have NO idea how to get to it.

Does anyone know how I can get to ALL the contacts in my Droid, instead of just the gmail/Facebook ones, so that I don't have to carry my old phone around and use it as a phone book? Thanks in advance!
  2. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSammyboy View Post
    Okay, so I apologize for already asking for help, ten minutes after registering, but I'll sure appreciate anyone who can give me some guidance.

I took my old phone (BlackBerry) and my new Droid to a Verizon store to have the contacts transferred. I then set up my Facebook app. When I opened the contact list, all I found was my Facebook contacts, so I thought, "Maybe the Verizon guy didn't properly transfer my contacts from my BlackBerry." However, I proceeded to dial, like, three numbers from my BlackBerry contact list (none of whom even have Facebook accounts, incidentally) into my Droid, and their names came up when I hit 'send'. In other words, my BlackBerry contact list IS 'in' this Droid somewhere, but I have NO idea how to get to it.

Does anyone know how I can get to ALL the contacts in my Droid, instead of just the gmail/Facebook ones, so that I don't have to carry my old phone around and use it as a phone book? Thanks in advance!
    Go to contacts/menu button/import-export/import from SD card.

They should all come back like little lost sheep.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSammyboy View Post

Go to contacts/menu button/import-export/import from SD card.

They should all come back like little lost sheep.
    Oh, sweet merciful Heavens! You are a lifesaver! I owe you a BIG favor- thanks, friend.
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Just one last thing. Remember this is a google phone. Those contacts should now be synced with your gmail account. That's your back up. Check your gmail account on line and you should see them all there too. If you don't, make sure you sync with google and gmail so that everything works right.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Just one last thing. Remember this is a google phone. Those contacts should now be synced with your gmail account. That's your back up. Check your gmail account on line and you should see them all there too. If you don't, make sure you sync with google and gmail so that everything works right.
    Awesome. I'll do this- and thanks again. This forum is indeed great!

Links