DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Gps

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Gps

Normally the GPS on my Motorola Droid is really good - 6 to 9 ft accuracy.

I've had a few times when the GPS signal was weak (only 20-30 ft accuracy) but this has mostly occured when the weather has been stormy so not surprising I'd think.

But I've had a couple times when the phone simply looks and looks for the GPS satelites but cannot seem to find them (it sees only a couple if any and cannot get a solid signal) even though the sky is pretty clear and I'm standing in the open (and not in a rural area). This is rare and the GPS will be fine again later in the day or the next day.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the phone's ability to get a good GPS signal?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jliller View Post
    Normally the GPS on my Motorola Droid is really good - 6 to 9 ft accuracy.

I've had a few times when the GPS signal was weak (only 20-30 ft accuracy) but this has mostly occured when the weather has been stormy so not surprising I'd think.

But I've had a couple times when the phone simply looks and looks for the GPS satelites but cannot seem to find them (it sees only a couple if any and cannot get a solid signal) even though the sky is pretty clear and I'm standing in the open (and not in a rural area). This is rare and the GPS will be fine again later in the day or the next day.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the phone's ability to get a good GPS signal?
    Droid's GPS isn't entirely based off of just satellite. Instead it's based on our 3G network. So signal will affect it.

Open area will help certainly, but sometimes signal is just pot of a luck thing.......

Links