DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Froyo 2.2 MUST STOP Reboots

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Froyo 2.2 MUST STOP Reboots

Sorry guys... I need to vent. This is driving me absolutely crazy. With OS 2.0, I can't remember the phone rebooting itself, perhaps on a rare occasion. With 2.1 the darn phone will reboot itself in the middle of calls, when answering calls, won't answer the phone quickly enough because something is holding it up... I have no idea. If Google can't fix this part of the phone function, Froyo will be no more than icing on a spoiled cake.

Sorry I'm venting here but I can't take it. No matter what anyone says about corrupted apps, a phone OS should be protecting the entire operation of the phone. I never had these problems on the Blackberry and the iPhone. Even the Palm at its worst never rebooted like 2.1. I also wonder how much has to do with Verizon's voice or data only system as opposed to dual and the Droid trying to figure out what to do when it is in the middle of data.
    Free Android App: Download the Law Guide and Law Dictionary from the Market!

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    i don't recall ever having reboots with 2.1.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post
    Well, then you must be special.

My phone reboots itself at least once every few days minimum. It usually happens every day. It has gotten to the point where I am not confident the phone will stay on and connected every time I answer the phone.

I've also heard people's phones will sometimes answer immediately. Mine has lags and I have to wait sometimes just for that stupid swipe to work.

My phone is also stock, not rooted.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    Premium Member
    well if it happens that often i'd say you need to use your warranty and take it back to Verizon.
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corinacakes View Post
    Well, then you must be special.

My phone reboots itself at least once every few days minimum. It usually happens every day. It has gotten to the point where I am not confident the phone will stay on and connected every time I answer the phone.

I've also heard people's phones will sometimes answer immediately. Mine has lags and I have to wait sometimes just for that stupid swipe to work.

My phone is also stock, not rooted.
    Slinky...what you need to do is a factory data reset. Clean everything out. Droid doesn't do reboots unless something is wrong.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.

Re: Froyo 2.2 MUST STOP Reboots

I trend to agree with hook on this.

Some people reported issues with 2.0 while most did not, same thing happened with 2.1.

Yes operating systems should protect base functions but when we start installing apps that change system functions, especially bad apps, bad things can happen.

I've had to reinstall Windows a few times based on that same principle.

Try the hard reset and see if it helps at all.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    Premium Member
    Why does the title of your thread say froyo 2.2 must stop reboots but you say it's 2.1 giving your reboots and you're stock not rooted? i'm lost...
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    I trend to agree with hook on this.

Some people reported issues with 2.0 while most did not, same thing happened with 2.1.

Yes operating systems should protect base functions but when we start installing apps that change system functions, especially bad apps, bad things can happen.

I've had to reinstall Windows a few times based on that same principle.

Try the hard reset and see if it helps at all.
    He doesn't even need the hard reset. He can do this right out of his privacy section in the settings. It will clear it up, no problem.

If it doesn't then it's time to take it back.

Oh one more thing: If you're using task killers or virus protection get rid of those.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID .rwar.

Re: Froyo 2.2 MUST STOP Reboots

Why does the title of your thread say froyo 2.2 must stop reboots but you say it's 2.1 giving your reboots and you're stock not rooted? i'm lost...
    He is saying 2.2 needs to fix 2.1 problems or it won't be any better than 2.1.

It probably should have read: Froyo must stop 2.1 reboot problems.
    I had a nice signature, but the mean ate it.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdbox08 View Post
    He is saying 2.2 needs to fix 2.1 problems or it won't be any better than 2.1.

It probably should have read: Froyo must stop 2.1 reboot problems.
    Exactly.

I am totally dreading erasing everything on the phone. Reinstalling everything will take hours to do as it is a total, absolute PITA on the Droid. There is no such thing as restoring to an earlier state either. Regardless of whether I wipe everything, the bottom line is the OS should portion.

Fact: More than just a few people are reporting delays when the phone rings before it will actually answer. This has to be fixed. I'm happy that some of you don't have problems, even if it's 60% of you. Even a 25% failure rate is way too high.

I also hope 2.2 will provide some type of full backup system. I had this argument with other Palm-heads. Give me desktop sync any day if cloud computing only backs up a portion of the data on the phone (and requires Google to keep copies of all my data for a year plus.)

I love the Droid a lot. But if I can't get this kind of reliability, I'll be eying the new Blackberry with the touchscreen and keyboard. Yikes... can't believe that is happening!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links