DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Droid Bluetooth paired to PC but cannot connect for file transfer

  1. Droid Newbie
    scmichael's Avatar
    Member #
    9181
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #1

    Unhappy Droid Bluetooth paired to PC but cannot connect for file transfer

    I am sure there is some place where this is disussed heavily, but I am have been looking all morning.

    I am able to pair my droid to my Vista PC. After it pairs windows says that it will update the driver for this device if needed and that I may not be able to use it until the update is complete. Then you click finish or ok.

    Then nothing. I dont see windows doing anything and when I check my Droid bluetooth connections, it shows my pc, but when I click it it does nothing. Doesnt even say "connecting". It is just highlighted when I click and then unhighlights when my finger is off.

    It just says paired but not connected.

    I see other forums where people discuss how they can transfer files one way but not the other, pc to droid or droid to pc only. But I cannt even do that. Others say they can transfer no problem.

    Other forums say Verizon is preventing bluetooth transfers, but then how are other people able to do one way transfers.

    HELP!

    Is there something I need to do on the PC/Droid? Do I need to download something/ (market apps dont work) Is this really being prevented by Verizon?

    Please give details.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    RichStevenson's Avatar
    Member #
    2927
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Medina, OH
    Posts
    476
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #2
    As far as I know, Verizon removed the OBEX of BT which we need for transferring files. You can use the usb or download a ftp server frrom the market. The latter is what I use. I can then connect to the phone with a ftp client either over my wifi or 3G.
  4. Droid
    ThermalGuy's Avatar
    Member #
    9676
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    72
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by scmichael View Post
    I am sure there is some place where this is disussed heavily, but I am have been looking all morning.

    I am able to pair my droid to my Vista PC. After it pairs windows says that it will update the driver for this device if needed and that I may not be able to use it until the update is complete. Then you click finish or ok.

    Then nothing. I dont see windows doing anything and when I check my Droid bluetooth connections, it shows my pc, but when I click it it does nothing. Doesnt even say "connecting". It is just highlighted when I click and then unhighlights when my finger is off.

    It just says paired but not connected.

    I see other forums where people discuss how they can transfer files one way but not the other, pc to droid or droid to pc only. But I cannt even do that. Others say they can transfer no problem.

    Other forums say Verizon is preventing bluetooth transfers, but then how are other people able to do one way transfers.

    HELP!

    Is there something I need to do on the PC/Droid? Do I need to download something/ (market apps dont work) Is this really being prevented by Verizon?

    Please give details.
    i've been able to pair up and connect but only transfer files (mp3's) TO the droid. it will not transfer files from the Droid TO the pc. Bummer! it's a pretty slow way to make music transfers but it does work. Panda Home seems to have nerfed my USB mounting so I've been messing with alternatives.
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me .
  5. Droid
    texas outlaw's Avatar
    Member #
    4635
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Lot of lame issues coming to light with these phones. Beginning to wonder if they used Wal-Mart personel for QA.
  6. Master Droid
    JayMonster's Avatar
    Member #
    10787
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    776
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #5
    Check Out Bluetooth File Transfer (Free) in the Market under Communications. This appears to add the profiles that Google/VZW/Moto omitted.
  7. Master Droid
    naman919's Avatar
    Member #
    837
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    563
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    #6
    got the app above and still have the same issue as the OP. Any ideas?
    Last edited by naman919; 12-31-2009 at 10:18 AM.
  8. Master Droid
    JayMonster's Avatar
    Member #
    10787
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    776
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by naman919 View Post
    got the app above and still have the same issue as the OP. Any ideas?
    Is it at least pairing, or are the two not seeing each other at all?
  9. Master Droid
    naman919's Avatar
    Member #
    837
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    563
    Phone
    OG --> DX --> GNex
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JayMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by naman919 View Post
    got the app above and still have the same issue as the OP. Any ideas?
    Is it at least pairing, or are the two not seeing each other at all?
    It's pairing, but i can't transfer from the Droid to the Computer. Says "paired but not connected" for my comp in the droid bluetooth settings.
  10. Master Droid
    MNTNBKR's Avatar
    Member #
    13708
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fenton, MI
    Posts
    575
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC One
    #9
    Same problem here...I also have the Bluetooth File Transfer app installed.
  11. Junior Droid
    scottypinthemix's Avatar
    Member #
    4335
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    motorola droid
    #10
    I had the same problems. I couldn't get droid and my macbook to communicate at all. i've been downloading all the updates for the free bluetooth file exchange app., but never going back to see if anything has changed.
    i just checked it out and it all works perfectly now.
    i suggest to anyone who wants a good bluetooth app., snag the free one from medieval software
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Bluetooth File Transfer
    By jbjtkbw00 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 08:19 AM
  2. Bluetooth File Transfer w/ Mac
    By progressivehome in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM
  3. How to use double twist or How to connect via USB to transfer
    By scottjays in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 04:17 PM
  4. Can you transfer contacts from another phone via bluetooth?
    By Big D in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
  5. Browse whole file structure from Bluetooth Received?
    By Githlar in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 05:53 PM

Search tags for this page

bluetooth paired but not connected pc
,
cannot connect with bluetooth android
,
connect dell venue 8 windows bluetooth file transfer to droi
,

connect droid to pc bluetooth

,
droid bluetooth pc
,
droid bluetooth will not connect with laptop
,
pc won't transfer to droid m bluetooth
,
transfer forbidden by target device
,
vista pc cant bloototh files android
,
why pc can not connect to android bluetooth
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+