DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BUGS!!! Which ones have infested yours?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

BUGS!!! Which ones have infested yours?

Anyone notice that the phone is getting buggier as days go on. The phone worked miraculously well at first, and now more and more peculiar things are occuring.

Where the h**l is the appropriate support? Verizon supports by playing with the phone while talking to you, Motorola just sends eveything up tier and does not return phone calls, and Google...well they have become the silent partner.

Can people list specific buggy issues they are experiencing so that we can assemble a consolidated of consistently experienced issues that can be thrown at these companies...they like to say there are no issues.

1. Google Maps/latitude...mapping of tag is not perfectly calibrated
    2. Calendar default page changes
    3. Phone is not auto-syncing routinely (what is the default sync time for contacts/calendar....cannot be changed)
    4. TXT message status reports "PENDING" that do not update
    5. GMail contact birthdates that populate google calendar are not syncing to phone calendar
    6. No way to clear MSN trash bin...up to 500 messages
    Last edited by bh8690; 11-25-2009 at 01:11 PM.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I have Where, Movie Flix, Barcode Scanner, Pandora and Ringdroid
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes, I have been seeing more issues with my phone as time goes by. A few would be wifi/3G switching, sometimes the wifi shuts off and I have to go into wireless settings and reselect it to turn back on. 3g today would not activate after i left the house and turned the wifi off. Had to shut down the phone and bring it back up for 3G to activate.

Also I've had it one time lock up on the main home screen which required a restart of the phone. Im not running OpenHome or any other kind of software based home screen changes either so that wasn't the issue.

I'm not complaining because like we all know this is the first phone with the 2.0 OS and this is the first of its kind from Motorola. Hopefully this Dec.11 patch/fix will help us Droid users out alittle and fix some minor bugs.

*Also have had a facebook app issue where I had to reset my login because it wouldnt connect to facebook servers and update anything.
    Last edited by Smity; 11-25-2009 at 01:39 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm also having internet issues. I'm new to this tpe of phone, and everything up until now has been great. I have had to restart my phone several times to get to this site. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if its the phone, or if its the network. I live in MD and the weather has been bad. If anyone has any info, I would appreciate help.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    @ gburns8635

That maybe carrier issues, maybe a data outage or something in your area. They happen all the time but verizon doesn't let the general public know about it most of the time. Fortunitly where i work, since we use Verizon for a majority of there data coverage I get those outages when they happen and when they get resolved. Most aren't due to weather as an FYI!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I haven't experienced any of the issues you describe. I have about 100 3rd-party apps installed that I downloaded from the market, and my phone works fine. It hasn't slowed down at all and I have no problems syncing, getting email/text notifications, or using wifi. Wifi automatically switches to 3G when I leave me house (when it gets out of range of my home network), and it automatically reconnects when I return. Don't know what to tell you.

The only genuine "bug" I have experienced is the camera auto-focus bug that everyone was experiencing a few weeks ago. But that has since fixed itself, and a permanent fix is supposedly coming in the December OTA update.
    Last edited by Dan_Droid; 11-25-2009 at 03:40 PM.
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Sounds like carrier issues. Everything seems to be occuring when you're sending/receiving. Call VZW see what they say.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    @ Dan Droid

Well we are all glad that you are not experiencing any issues besides the camera bug but there have been an issues of all types happening to Droids in the wild.

Mine specific might be tied to my wireless router at home, BUT the lock up on the home screen and the 3G not switching over/activating when I left my house and the whole facebook issue seem to be a software issue.

Again I'm not complaining about it im just stating the facts that I have observed through the week and a half that i've owned the phone.

This thread is not how well your phone has been but what bugs you have experienced.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Sorry that I don't have anything to complain about. You asked for bugs, and I responded by saying I didn't have any bugs except for the camera problem which everybody had. All of your issues sound like problems with your carrier, or your own wifi network, not bugs with the phone itself (as others have mentioned). Many, many people are using the same phone you have, with the same operating system, and tons of apps installed, and are not experiencing any of the issues you describe. Maybe you should take that as an indication that your problems may not be solely related to a "software issue".

As for your wifi shutting off, make sure you don't have Wifi set to turn off when the screen turns off. This is a common "bug" that people keep complaining about. It's under Menu -> Settings -> Wifi & networks -> Wi-fi settings -> Advanced -> Wi-fi sleep policy.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    So the multiple people I have found with the facebook app issue is our carrier correct? All that fixed it was a re-setup of the facebook app

And when the phone froze up on the homescreen and having to hardboot the phone was the carrier correct? All that fixed it was a reboot

And tring to "push" the phone to 3G on the identifaction bar by opening the phone browser and also trying manually hitting the wifi on and off. Still didn't activate 3G was the carrier correct? All that fixed it was a reboot

Come on Dan, there are issues with the phone and Verizon/Google has admitted it and are going to push a update Dec.11, not all issues will be solved and im sure that there will be a more people that will have different issues than what is being patched on Dec.11
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links