DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Replacement Droid isn't the same

Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Replacement Droid isn't the same

I bought my Droid in December of 2009 but due to some issues, I had to get a replacement one. I just got a replacement Droid yesterday and right away I noticed various differences. My phone case I used for my previous Droid did not fit on the new replacement Droid, the keyboard looked much more flat and did not seem to have the more bubbly buttons like my first Droid (I put the keyboards side by side), the SD card slot is white rather than black, and the sliding mechanism feels different. My biggest problem is that my case won't fit on my replacement Droid and I don't know what to do about it. Am I going crazy or did Motorola modify the Droid months after it was first released?
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodizkool01 View Post
    I bought my Droid in December of 2009 but due to some issues, I had to get a replacement one. I just got a replacement Droid yesterday and right away I noticed various differences. My phone case I used for my previous Droid did not fit on the new replacement Droid, the keyboard looked much more flat and did not seem to have the more bubbly buttons like my first Droid (I put the keyboards side by side), the SD card slot is white rather than black, and the sliding mechanism feels different. My biggest problem is that my case won't fit on my replacement Droid and I don't know what to do about it. Am I going crazy or did Motorola modify the Droid months after it was first released?
    -The case doesn't fit? That's very odd...

-As for the keyboard yes, early models of the Droid had raised keyboards. The later versions don't.

-The color of your SD card slot doesn't matter

-Is the sliding better or worse?

But yes as for the case not fitting...thats very odd...did you see any differences side by side?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    for sure there are two types of keyboards. you said u had the bubbly one and the very first original droids were the flat keyboard which is what i have. but dont think the size of them really changed so i dont know why your case isnt fitting
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post

-As for the keyboard yes, early models of the Droid had raised keyboards. The later versions don't.

But yes as for the case not fitting...thats very odd...did you see any differences side by side?
    i got mine the second day it came out and i have the flat keyboard
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by titans View Post

The slider feels a little more secure when comparing it to my old Droid but when closed my phone feels looser. When I'm typing with the virtual keyboard, I can hear the top part of the phone pressing against the bottom and it feels a little cheap. I tried putting on my case again and still it just wouldn't seem to work. I tested putting the case on my old Droid and it snaps on and off very easily but when I put it on the new one, the back cover took me a couple of tries and the front cover wouldn't stay on. Right after, I tried the case on my old Droid again and it snapped on easily. I'm still trying to inspect the new one to figure out why my case won't fit.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    me too, i bought mine back in 09 then had to get it replaced, didnt notice it at first but after awhile things felt way different, my camera noises were different, the slide, the keyboard, the led light, etc

Links