DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caller can not hear me.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I feel the same, I am still waiting for pone #3, verizon screwed up my address and its out there floating somewhere. I really don't want it and was thinking of activating an old lg phone and being done with this whole running in circles thing.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    We're really talking about callers not hearing you AT ALL? If so, that's a serious defect and you should take it back to the verizon store.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Nothing, I went to the verizon circus called the store and they sent me a replacement a week and a half ago which I have yet to recieve becuase they screwed the address up. A week and a half of no calls or apps and counting.

The phone I can't be heard on is a replacement and started this a day and a half after I got it.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Ok, well it sounds to me like defective phone or bad coverage. I'm guessing you can hear the people so that makes me think your phone was broken--not a signal problem. Get that replacement.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris
    My wife and I just received the 2.1 update on our HTC Eris phones. Among other problems, hers is having this exact one. Coverage is fine, we can text back and forth no problem. But when she makes or receives a phone call, it's dead silent on both ends. My phone seems to work fine.

Still looking for a fix on this.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Ok. This sound like the infamous mute issue with the Droids I read about. Another user on these forums tried an app called Screen Suite. It can be found on the Market. http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...uite-nEAi.aspx

If that helps or fixes the problem, I think the Droid needs a better screen/keypad lock.

Screen lock app...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...le-call-4.html

I may or may not have had this issue. but ppl are reporting it working for them.
    Last edited by jroc; 05-18-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I came to the Droid from years of Blackberry where I never had a single phone quality issue, so I can't say it's Verizon. From what I've gathered on the Motorola Forum, they don't know why this problem occurs with some Droids. Sadly, no one seems too concerned. As a PR person, I think some publicity about this issue would help motivate them ...

I'm on my fifth Droid. (I believe I've just exchanged phones via the refurbished program with others with call quality problems ...) I've basically given up. The phone call quality is so bad that I can't talk without my bluetooth. With the bluetooth it's fine. I've tried all of the tricks. I've basically given up, and not wanting to return to Blackberry, I'm waiting until the iphone comes to Verizon. I've thought about switching to the Droid Incredible, but I'm kind of fed up with Motorola.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    Did you try Screen Suite? I didnt need to use it, so I cant say if it works or not. But ppl leaving reviews says it helps with the mute issue.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I hear you. They told me after 3 phones we can get an exchange. VZW finally located the replacement phone after ordering it on may th, I'll have it tomorrow. At the first issue, I'm done with this thing.

I also think the same about the incredible and loathe apple products. I generally try to stay away from Apple, but at this rate, I may just switch to at&t and tell vzw I'm walking. I get different answers from store kids and cust service people and just thought tonight that out of the people I know who use droids, all 6 do not have an original.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm done downloading apps to make up for this pos. The phone I have has no apps on it because it randomly restarts, turns off, bogs etc.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links