DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my phone bricked? Help

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    i tried leaving the battery out for awhile, i tried to do a restore, and it is still stuck at the stupid M . i guess now im going to try to do a factory reset. Im hoping that it wont unroot my phone.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    Let us know what happens. before doing a factory reset try restoring one of your backups. Sprecovery and nandroid both autoback up before they do their business. Hope you get this message before you jump to a factory reset
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    SO, i did the nandorid restore, and that didnt work, so then my final option was to do a factory reset, and it worked. My phone finally turned on. Well, now i have some more issues. All my apps are gone, and i know that i can get them back by going to the market and selecting the "my downloads" tab.

But i have a promlem with force closes, to the extent that i cant really do alot on my phone. Ever ten seconds or so, it says : "The application HTC_IME mod ( process jonasl.ime) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I dont know what that is or how to fix/avoid it. And whenever i touch the screen on the phone it says that. Pretty annoying. Also, i went to the market to try to get like astro and some of my other apps, and when i try to download an app, i hit install, and then it goes to another page, but its all blank and i have like no other options that you usually get when your downloading an app. So now i cant download any apps at all.

One last thing that i have noticed so far, i thought facebook was like an app that came stock, but its not in my app drawer, and when i searched in the market, i cant find the stock facebook app. So if yall could be of any help to me i would greatly appreciate it. It sucks having my phone where it barely runs.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    HTC IME is a keyboard, that was ported to the droid. The stock FB app is called Facebook for android, in the market.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Just reroot your phone, install sprecovery and then restore from your nandroid backup.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    ok, i found the stock FB app.. But i still cant download any apps. Like i said in my previous post, after i hit "install" , it goes to another screen that is just blank. Also, how do i get rid of the htc_ime keyboard thing that is messing my phone up?
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    Anyone feel free to correct me, but HTC_IME is the htc keyboard software ported over to droid? Sounds like you still have chunks of previous software still installed on your phone. Doing the factory reset probably only reset things that came stock, and when it got to this software it did nothing, or left parts of it still intact. If you reflash your phone to stock now non rooted now, you should be able to get back functionality. Once you've got full functionality back, you should be able to reroot and start over. These phones are tanks as far as software goes, so since you can get your phone up (assuming theirs no hardware issues) we should be able to get you back on track and running again.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCo352 View Post
    HTC IME is a keyboard, that was ported to the droid. The stock FB app is called Facebook for android, in the market.
    lol you beat me to it
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    I'm not suggesting this, but if it was me I would flash the 2.0.1 sbf with RSD Lite. That would make sure EVERYTHING is totally stock, like having a brand new phone, and root it from there.
    FroYo
    Follow me on
    Twitter
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    well i finally was able to download astro. So i went into my download folder, and i deleted all of the htc_ime files that i saw in there. I was still getting some force closes, so im going to restart my phone now and see what happens. Im hoping this works because i really dont want to have to go through the whole unrooting and rerooting process. I will let you know shortly what happens.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links