DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Please Help!!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855

Please Help!!

Still new to the Forum, Realized I posted this in the wrong place.

Ok wow!
    I for the life of me cannot get my Droid to sync up to my laptop. I have tried it on a friends computer and did it seamlessly. Is there something that I need to check on mine. When the phone connects, it is listed as removable drive F. When I try to click on it, it says there is nothing in drive F. Its almost as the phone will sync and the computer kicks it back off. I use the same computer for my iPod, and never had any issues. Any help would be great. I have been on the phone with Motorola and Verizon all day and no one can figure it out.

Thank in advance for the help!
  2. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    it does
    I'm sure you did, but did you slide down the notification bar and mount the droid?

or maybe install the drivers:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola USA
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    I have done both of them. When I select mount, it mounts for a second, then says preparing sd card, then reverts right back to the option for me to mount again. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Its probably something simple, but i just don't know what it is!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    In your first post, you mentioned that this problem does not exist when you try connecting your Droid to his computer, correct?

Well, that leads me to believe that there isn't an issue with your Droid, rather, there's something going on (a setting? a driver? a DLL issue?) with your computer.

did you try connecting to any other computers besides yours and your friends? If so, how did that go?
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    There have been not problems when I connect it to another computer. All the drives have been downloaded, and im not so computer savvy when it comes to the other stuff. i just at a loss... lol

Links