DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: cant buy anything from market??

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Angry cant buy anything from market??

hi

i have been trying to buy gameboid from the market place. but every time i try to put in credit card info it just keeps saying " attention...a server error has occurred. retry or cancel and return to previous screen" i hit retry and same thing comes up i hit cancel just take me back to market place. i have re-entered and check all my info even the cvc code 3 numbers one back of card everything is right. also right billing address. i use this visa card for all my online buys. no idea whats going on there is nothing wrong with phone its new just had it replaced. i also have full service im at a loss when driod don't want my money please help.

3. Nice Guy
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    There have been some threads about the Market in general. You've gotten the same error message they've gotten. Yesterday I had the Market reboot several times after pressing the Download button. Today there were two updates which worked fine.

In other words, you're not alone on this. There does seem to be an problem with the Market.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone

ohh

Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    There have been some threads about the Market in general. You've gotten the same error message they've gotten. Yesterday I had the Market reboot several times after pressing the Download button. Today there were two updates which worked fine.

In other words, you're not alone on this. There does seem to be an problem with the Market.

oh ok well this was my first time trying to buy anything from the market place i have had the phone for 3 maybe 4 months now its is the htc driod all the free apps DL fine its just the paid ones
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgamerone View Post

oh ok well this was my first time trying to buy anything from the market place i have had the phone for 3 maybe 4 months now its is the htc driod all the free apps DL fine its just the paid ones
    Hold up. If you're trying to purchase something that's in foreign currency or if you're using a prepaid card and it's a foreign purchase that could be the hang up. Some banks won't let you purchase outside of the US (assuming you are in the US) and prepaid cards just don't work period.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgamerone View Post

Hold up. If you're trying to purchase something that's in foreign currency or if you're using a prepaid card and it's a foreign purchase that could be the hang up. Some banks won't let you purchase outside of the US (assuming you are in the US) and prepaid cards just don't work period.
    no im in the US and the price said US3.99 so thats not the problem also its my visa bank card not pre paid
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I disagree on the prepaid cards. I have one through netspend.com (or ACE Cash Express) that works without a problem anywhere online including google checkout.
  8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitticeps View Post
    I disagree on the prepaid cards. I have one through netspend.com (or ACE Cash Express) that works without a problem anywhere online including google checkout.
    I'm talking about using prepaid cards to purchase apps that have foreign currency. I never had one myself but this has been discussed many times in this forum. I'm quite positive if you buy one at Walmart and try to use it on something with British pounds it wont work.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    maybe not the walmart variety then but mine has let me buy from China in Yen, Canada in Canadian Dollars, Australia in Australian Dollars, all over Europe in both Euros and Pounds. I've purchased apps in both Yen and Euros through the market.

I haven't found any international restrictions with it yet. Maybe it's a different species of prepaid card, it's the reloadable variety if that matters.

Links