DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Droid screen goes blank when I slide it open

  1. Junior Droid
    y2kgtp's Avatar
    Member #
    16790
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    LG Voyager > Droid in shipment
    #1

    Droid screen goes blank when I slide it open

    This just started happening a week or so ago. My screen will go blank when I slide the phone open. If you look carefully you can see the display, it's just not lit.

    Any ideas? I guess I can try a factory reset first.....
  2. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
    This just started happening a week or so ago. My screen will go blank when I slide the phone open. If you look carefully you can see the display, it's just not lit.

    Any ideas? I guess I can try a factory reset first.....
    So the backlight only works when the Droid is closed, and if you open the keyboard, the backlight ceases to work, or is it just very faint? Just trying to understand here...
  3. Junior Droid
    y2kgtp's Avatar
    Member #
    16790
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    LG Voyager > Droid in shipment
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kgtp View Post
    This just started happening a week or so ago. My screen will go blank when I slide the phone open. If you look carefully you can see the display, it's just not lit.

    Any ideas? I guess I can try a factory reset first.....
    So the backlight only works when the Droid is closed, and if you open the keyboard, the backlight ceases to work, or is it just very faint? Just trying to understand here...
    It's black\off for all purposes here....if you hold it under a light real close, you can barely see the screen.
  4. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
  5. Junior Droid
    y2kgtp's Avatar
    Member #
    16790
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    LG Voyager > Droid in shipment
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneDroid View Post
    Do the keys light up when you pulll out the keyboard? Or is everything dark?
    No, those are out as well. Sometimes, if I ever so slowly open the phone, I can get it to stay on when the orientation switches.
  6. Junior Droid
    HeathCliff's Avatar
    Member #
    7681
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Verizon
    #6
    y2kgtp - did you figure it out?
  7. Junior Droid
    y2kgtp's Avatar
    Member #
    16790
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    LG Voyager > Droid in shipment
    #7
    The Keyboard and the 4 touch buttons at the bottom of the phone DO light up when it is slid open, but the screen is blank.

    Sometimes, if you slide the phone open ever-so-sloooooowly, I have managed to keep the screen on.

    I believe it's a hardware problem of some sort. I did a factory reset of the phone, and still have the same issue.

    I will be going to Verizon corporate store in the near future to see what they think, worse case senerio, I have full insurance on the phone, but this seems like a defect top me and should be covered as under a year.
  8. Junior Droid
    HeathCliff's Avatar
    Member #
    7681
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Verizon
    #8
    I downloaded a free app called Screebl - it serves two functions. The first is that it functions to keep the screen lit when it's in any position but lying totally flat. And turns off the screen when lying flat, and you set how long it should stay on before turning off the light. But as a function of keeping the screen on when it's in your hand, is that it keeps the phone screen lit. it's the only way that this glitch in the Droid software enables the screen to stay lit when you use the phone.
  9. Junior Droid
    y2kgtp's Avatar
    Member #
    16790
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    LG Voyager > Droid in shipment
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathCliff View Post
    I downloaded a free app called Screebl - it serves two functions. The first is that it functions to keep the screen lit when it's in any position but lying totally flat. And turns off the screen when lying flat, and you set how long it should stay on before turning off the light. But as a function of keeping the screen on when it's in your hand, is that it keeps the phone screen lit. it's the only way that this glitch in the Droid software enables the screen to stay lit when you use the phone.
    Tried it. Nada, same thing.
  10. Droid Ninja
    AnneDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    26707
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,405
    Phone
    DROID
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Does your droid slide open smoothly??
    By zinny0753 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 03:23 PM
  2. droid screen going blank after call ends
    By sboman_32 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 11:05 PM
  3. Screen turn on delay when slide open?
    By spacemanps in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 02:42 PM
  4. DROID Screen Blank buttons are still lit
    By benhebert in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 04:57 AM
  5. blank screen on droid
    By sullyjohnl in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 12:23 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 slide out keyboard darkens screen
,
droid 3 slider black screen fix
,
droid 4 screen black only when sliding
,
droid 4 screen cuts off when keyboard is opened
,
droid 4 screen dims when phone is slid open
,
droid 4 screen goes black when openeed
,
htc merge screen shuts off when slid
,

htc merge screen went black

,
motoroal droid 4 screen goes blank when keyboard opens
,
when i open my motorola world 2, the screen goes balck
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+