I have another unique issue.
Short version: Phone reports incorrect amount of space on SD card. Android says ~4Gigs space left. I claim that only 1,323.88 Megs are used.
Long version: Over the last several days, I've been playing around with MultiMap. At first, I thought that perhaps I had downloaded a lot more mapping data than I thought. But NO way would the map cache be in the 10's of gigs. I was correct. Using Astro, I get about 700 megs of map files in the appropriate directory.
MultiMap's cached files are image files. So I wasn't surprised to see "android.process.media" causing the phone to run at 100% cpu. Frustrating, but not surprising as I assume this program runs in the background creating thumbnails (have not found a way to clear the thumbnails yet, but have not looked that hard at this point.
- The apps System, Android's Settings, Quick System Info and Astro show the 4+ gigs of space left.
- Under Astro/Tools/SD Card Usage, it shows Capacity @ 15.19G, Used @ 10.67G and Free @ 4.51G. But once this feature finishes "reading directories" the math only adds up to around 1300megs.
- Moving up to / and selecting Directory Details of /sdcard gives me:
- Name: sdcard
- Size: 1,389,640,341 bytes
- Permissions: drw
- Modified: 2010-04-29...etc.
- # of Files: 319846
- Device free size: 4.51 G
- Device total size: 15.19 G
Am I being stupid?