DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Exchange support vs TouchDown?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Droid Exchange support vs TouchDown?

Does anyone know what the differences are between the built-in Exchange app on Android 2.0 vs NitroDesk's TouchDown product? What's the delta of their capabilities?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by valnar View Post
    Does anyone know what the differences are between the built-in Exchange app on Android 2.0 vs NitroDesk's TouchDown product? What's the delta of their capabilities?
    I think both are very good mail clients. Even through Android can simultaneously support multiple exchange accounts, I downloaded Touchdown for my work email, contacts and calendar. I use the native apps for my personal exchange account.

My auditor likes the separation ....
  4. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    I couldn't get my company email using the installed app.. Our IT Nazis have the activesync off..But we are allowed web access, Touchdown is able to pull everything for me!
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorla Droid
    Hmm. I tried to sync with my school Exchange email but it won't. Would TochDown solve this problem?
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynamesjose View Post
    Hmm. I tried to sync with my school Exchange email but it won't. Would TochDown solve this problem?
    Give it a try...5 day free trial. took all of 5 mins to set it up.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I have not been able to connect to my company's Exchange Server using either one. Droid doesn't... do all Exchange Servers. If your school has any sort of security set up chances are good that the Droid won't work for Exchange emails at all. I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with both Verizon's tech support and then Motorola and no one could help. I think I am going back to the tried and true BlackBerry. It's a shame too because the phone does have a lot of nice features.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    my company's IT group doesn't support the droid because it doesn't meet their "stringent security requirements" such as:

Must provide the ability to remote erase the phones hard drive in the event that it is lost or stolen.
    Must allow data on the cell phone to be encrypted to protect from hackers and theft.
    Must enforce a pass-code or PIN policy to ensure authorized access to the device.

the standard droid app didn't work with my work's exchange system. tried the 5 day free trial of touchdown and it worked perfectly! paid my $9.99 for the full license and it's worth every penny!
  9. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by becks66 View Post
    I have not been able to connect to my company's Exchange Server using either one. Droid doesn't... do all Exchange Servers. If your school has any sort of security set up chances are good that the Droid won't work for Exchange emails at all. I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with both Verizon's tech support and then Motorola and no one could help. I think I am going back to the tried and true BlackBerry. It's a shame too because the phone does have a lot of nice features.
    Have you talked to your schools IT department?

Only the Skilled Survive

1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    The built in app does not sync tasks, or allow for a signature. Touchdown does. Took all of 5 minutes to install. I had a couple of questions and was able to get them answered on a Saturday. Great product, great support.

I did find one bug with tasks and categories that they are fixing in the next release.
  11. Droid
    Member #

I have been having problems with my Droid ceasing to

retrieve my emails unless I do a battery pull. Verizon said early on that this was because my email providers do not recognize the droid yet and will not allow a constant pull message for very long. Pulling the battery will result in a "new" pull message and resume the email delivery. I don't know if this is BS or not, but I would gladly pay for an app or service that would reliably give me my email from 6 accounts (soon to be 3). Is touchdown the answer to my problems. None of my email comes from an exchange server I think (aol,yahoo,comcast,gmail, and pop3 squirrel for work). Thanks for any ideas.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links