DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Droid Exchange support vs TouchDown?

  1. Droid
    valnar's Avatar
    Member #
    5821
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    60
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #11
    It looks like I'll try Touchdown.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Rosie's Avatar
    Member #
    7160
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    308-631-8695
    #12

    Getting Email

    Everyone one says touchdown is quick and easy to set up. We have embarq as our email. I have tried both the email that came on droid and touchdown with no luck. I have the domain and server info from embarq. Any ideas? Thanks
  3. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #13
    I'm not sure what embarq is, but if it doesn't run on a Microsoft Exchange server (I believe Exchange 2007 SP1 is preferred) then neither Touchdown nor the built-in maill app will work, as they use ActiveSync, a proprietary Microsoft technology.

    You could try getting the IMAP or POP3 settings and configuring the built-in mail app to use those.
  4. Junior Droid
    dugdathug's Avatar
    Member #
    9820
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid
    #14
    Touchdown works best in my environment-- you can read my blog on the subject here:
    Exchange Sync Issues Droid Bugs
  5. Droid
    moparharn's Avatar
    Member #
    41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    #15

    dugdathug, can you please help me with something?

    I am having a miserable time trying to get Google to retrieve my mail and send it. Usinf the native app is not much better as it will switch off for no reason. I want to use touchdown, but I don't thin our company uses an "exchange" server, but I don't know. Our email is hosted by a company called "site five". I get my email on my laptop through outlook. I can get it off the web at www.companyname.com/webmail- then enter user id and password, then use squirrel mail to retrieve my stuff. Is this something that will work on Touchdown? Would touchdown grab my aol,yahoo, comcast, and google mail as well? Thank you for any help you can give me as I am thinking of returning the droid today and picking up an Iphone with mobile me. Thanks!
    ps- your blog is very nice.
  6. Premium Member
    Backnblack's Avatar
    Member #
    6311
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,279
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by moparharn View Post
    I am having a miserable time trying to get Google to retrieve my mail and send it. Usinf the native app is not much better as it will switch off for no reason. I want to use touchdown, but I don't thin our company uses an "exchange" server, but I don't know. Our email is hosted by a company called "site five". I get my email on my laptop through outlook. I can get it off the web at www.companyname.com/webmail- then enter user id and password, then use squirrel mail to retrieve my stuff. Is this something that will work on Touchdown? Would touchdown grab my aol,yahoo, comcast, and google mail as well? Thank you for any help you can give me as I am thinking of returning the droid today and picking up an Iphone with mobile me. Thanks!
    ps- your blog is very nice.
    I'm using Touchdown for OWA of my company exchange email....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

    Only the Skilled Survive

    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

    Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.



  7. Droid
    moparharn's Avatar
    Member #
    41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    #17

    Can someone tell me if Touchdown will woek for me.

    Based on my previous post. Saying touchdown works for me on my exchange does not answer my question. By my description, do I not have exchange and thus touchdown will not work for me on ANY of my email accounts?
  8. Droid
    valnar's Avatar
    Member #
    5821
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    60
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by moparharn View Post
    Based on my previous post. Saying touchdown works for me on my exchange does not answer my question. By my description, do I not have exchange and thus touchdown will not work for me on ANY of my email accounts?
    TouchDown is for Exchange only, as indicated by their web page. After all, you are posting in a thread about Exchange and TouchDown.
  9. Droid
    moparharn's Avatar
    Member #
    41
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    83
    #19

    Thanks to everyone who tried to help me. I have

    concluded that the drois is not a business phone for people without exchange. I am off to the ATT store to buy an I phone or have my Bold turned back on. Sucks. Really sucks. I wanted to be a droid owner.
  10. Premium Member
    Backnblack's Avatar
    Member #
    6311
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,279
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by moparharn View Post
    concluded that the drois is not a business phone for people without exchange. I am off to the ATT store to buy an I phone or have my Bold turned back on. Sucks. Really sucks. I wanted to be a droid owner.
    just takes a bit of work....Droid out rocks both the Bold or iJunk...To each his own.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

    Only the Skilled Survive

    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

    Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Owners Droid Support forum.
    By dweezle in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
  2. Droid does NOT support Outlook locally...what local sync options exist?
    By Leckert123 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 04:51 PM
  3. does droid support EMS??
    By ls1pontiac in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 09:11 PM
  4. Exchange client - Touchdown
    By mapexvenus in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
  5. Touchdown for email only
    By TheZo in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 09:33 PM

Search tags for this page

android exchange app
,
android touchdown app
,

droid touchdown

,
touch down app for droid
,
touchdown android app
,
touchdown app for android
,

touchdown droid

,

touchdown for droid

,
touchdown vs android email
,
touchdown vs android exchange
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+