DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid Exchange support vs TouchDown?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    It looks like I'll try Touchdown.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    308-631-8695

Getting Email

Everyone one says touchdown is quick and easy to set up. We have embarq as our email. I have tried both the email that came on droid and touchdown with no luck. I have the domain and server info from embarq. Any ideas? Thanks
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm not sure what embarq is, but if it doesn't run on a Microsoft Exchange server (I believe Exchange 2007 SP1 is preferred) then neither Touchdown nor the built-in maill app will work, as they use ActiveSync, a proprietary Microsoft technology.

You could try getting the IMAP or POP3 settings and configuring the built-in mail app to use those.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Touchdown works best in my environment-- you can read my blog on the subject here:
    Exchange Sync Issues Droid Bugs
  5. Droid
    Member #

dugdathug, can you please help me with something?

I am having a miserable time trying to get Google to retrieve my mail and send it. Usinf the native app is not much better as it will switch off for no reason. I want to use touchdown, but I don't thin our company uses an "exchange" server, but I don't know. Our email is hosted by a company called "site five". I get my email on my laptop through outlook. I can get it off the web at www.companyname.com/webmail- then enter user id and password, then use squirrel mail to retrieve my stuff. Is this something that will work on Touchdown? Would touchdown grab my aol,yahoo, comcast, and google mail as well? Thank you for any help you can give me as I am thinking of returning the droid today and picking up an Iphone with mobile me. Thanks!
    ps- your blog is very nice.
  6. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moparharn View Post
    I am having a miserable time trying to get Google to retrieve my mail and send it. Usinf the native app is not much better as it will switch off for no reason. I want to use touchdown, but I don't thin our company uses an "exchange" server, but I don't know. Our email is hosted by a company called "site five". I get my email on my laptop through outlook. I can get it off the web at www.companyname.com/webmail- then enter user id and password, then use squirrel mail to retrieve my stuff. Is this something that will work on Touchdown? Would touchdown grab my aol,yahoo, comcast, and google mail as well? Thank you for any help you can give me as I am thinking of returning the droid today and picking up an Iphone with mobile me. Thanks!
    ps- your blog is very nice.
    I'm using Touchdown for OWA of my company exchange email....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

7. Droid
    Member #

Can someone tell me if Touchdown will woek for me.

Based on my previous post. Saying touchdown works for me on my exchange does not answer my question. By my description, do I not have exchange and thus touchdown will not work for me on ANY of my email accounts?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Based on my previous post. Saying touchdown works for me on my exchange does not answer my question. By my description, do I not have exchange and thus touchdown will not work for me on ANY of my email accounts?
    TouchDown is for Exchange only, as indicated by their web page. After all, you are posting in a thread about Exchange and TouchDown.
  9. Droid
    Member #

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me. I have

concluded that the drois is not a business phone for people without exchange. I am off to the ATT store to buy an I phone or have my Bold turned back on. Sucks. Really sucks. I wanted to be a droid owner.
  10. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    concluded that the drois is not a business phone for people without exchange. I am off to the ATT store to buy an I phone or have my Bold turned back on. Sucks. Really sucks. I wanted to be a droid owner.
    just takes a bit of work....Droid out rocks both the Bold or iJunk...To each his own.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links