DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rogue Droid - HUGE ISSUE!!!!

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    Well,

i dont want to start THAT fight again!
    even not in the wrong thread.

If you desire for antivirus, search the market.

2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by grandeson View Post
    maybe those who are buying these chargers off ebay and its screwing up their phone should leave negative or at least a neutral feedback to the seller. I checked the ebay charger link and after 34 pages of checking the review, not one negative or neutral review regarding the charger.
    You have a good point. In my case I felt I should email the supplier before leaving negative feedback. I received a reply indicating they were very sorry and agreeing that the problem exists and saying they have ordered chargers compatible with the Droid. I will be receiving the "new" charger in the near future and have agreed to try it out before leaving the negative feedback. Russ
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris HTC
    I feel i must comment now... my droid eris has started sending random texts out.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Mine did similar with a cheapy charger i bought.

Also, tigger, if the droid is linux, or like linux (its linux), and it cant get viruses,
    Linux CAN get viruses, and rootkitted, etc - it's just that virus writes are not really currently targetting that platform. Please don't think that because something is Linux that it's immune from malware.

I'm a hardcore Linux user and professional Linux admin. I'm the first one to defend Linux against anything - but it's foolish to think that it's impossible for malware to exist just because it's Linux.
    FastKatt likes this.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by heem View Post
    Mine did similar with a cheapy charger i bought.

Also, tigger, if the droid is linux, or like linux (its linux), and it cant get viruses,
    Linux CAN get viruses, and rootkitted, etc - it's just that virus writes are not really currently targetting that platform. Please don't think that because something is Linux that it's immune from malware.

I'm a hardcore Linux user and professional Linux admin. I'm the first one to defend Linux against anything - but it's foolish to think that it's impossible for malware to exist just because it's Linux.
    As a Linux Admin I'd imagine you would have to know that Linux could only get a virus once root access is obtained right ?

The phone cannot get a virus if it doesn't have root access because the virus wouldn't have permissions to access the system folders or libraries...

/end
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    A virus doesn't. Always need root level access - there's plenty of damage that can be done as the users context think of all the things you can do with your phone. Any software can do all those things, so while a tradititional virus may not be able to propegate automatically its quite possible for malware to spread by tricking less savvyh users into installing what looks lkike cute or fun software that is actually doing who knows what with your contact list, emailing them, texting them, I'M them - all under your name which the other user may trust. So just because you can't modify the kernel or some other system files doesn't mean that malicious software can't exist.
    FastKatt likes this.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hmm. Chargers, huh? Well, I bought an additional AC charger from Verizon for my Droid, and it's branded as a "Cellet". When my Droid is plugged in on my nightstand, I have noticed it does some pretty weird things. Granted, it has not ordered pizza, or sent any text messages, or anything along those lines, but what bothers me is that when I try to check messages, my touchscreen goes all crazy.

Let me give an example: When I try to use my unlock code to get to my home screen, it goes in all directions, and I get red arrows. I can not get my unlock code to function AT ALL until I unplug the Droid from the charger. If I try to do it while the phone is lying flat, it does that, and if I hold the phone in my hand, it does that, too. All I get is "red arrows" when I should just be able to get my unlock pattern to work. I find that odd. I have never, ever, had to do that with any of my other smartphones (Cingular 8125 and the HTC PPC-6800), and I find it odd that this happens with the Droid.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my charger, even though I did buy it from Verizon.

Here's the info on the charger:

Input: 100V - 240V 47-63hz 0.2A
    Output: 4.5V - 9.5V Max 0.8A
    Model: TCMOTQ9
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    lol i thought it was gonna be paranormal activity.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Cheap Ebay charger MELTED my Motorocker last year was just lucky truck did not burn
    Droid vs I-phone....one shall stand and one shall fall
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TomN View Post
    Please don't use aftermarket chargers on your Droid. You will only make it mad and cause it to do bad things. First it will text and call people at random, then it may take more drastic measures. Please think of the children!
    Trapper Keeper Ready To Absorb - Clips - South Park Studios
    Droid vs I-phone....one shall stand and one shall fall
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Links