DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alarm misbehaving

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

alarm misbehaving

Hi all -----------

I use my Droid alarm function every day .... All has been working fine ...
    Then Friday morning no alarm . When I woke up I looked at my phone to see the time . The alarm time was on the phone ( 7:45 AM ) ( I woke up about 8 AM . Odd. I checked settings and all looked ok ... Then I thought, doesn't the alarm time disappear after it goes off ? Unless you choose to use the "every day " slot and have every day marked off ?
    Set alarm in evening for next morning . Alarm went off fine .
    Did same routine in evening. Next morning ALARM DID NOT GO OFF. but alarm time showed up on face of phone .
    When I set the alarm ( s ) I choose to use the extra slots just below the " every day " slot and I set 2 alarms about 10 minutes apart .

* note when the alarm time showed up on face of phone it was the first alarm setting that appeared ( I woke up sometime after the 2nd alarm time ) .
    I can't believe I slept through 2 alarms ... and the alarm sound I use is pretty loud . ( I also checked to see if the alarm went back to default alarm which is wimpy and you can sleep through that one ) .

What do you think ? Am I missing something on setting the alarm, or is there some glitch in the alarm? ---------- Maybe gremlins . ( only kidding ) .
    Oh yes, almost forgot -- I also have the alarm set to go off even if the phone is in silent mode.
    Thanks in advance for the help, I may be gone when you reply .... Always enjoy the forums. Very informative.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Possible 2.1 bug. Phone enters deep sleep and won't sound notifications. People suggest using load monitor from the market.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks aminaked !

----- Rogerdodger
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    You're welcome. I heard about it on this forum and haven't even tried it myself. Someone else has suggested doing a factory reset.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Either that or you have a task killer or another app that's interfering with the alarm. A factory reset should fix it for you. Have you added any new apps lately?
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yes, Anne ----- As a matter of fact I did add a NASA app the other day( planet pictures, etc ). Maybe that messed it up ......... And I do run app killer . Haven't had any problems with app killer at all . I don't run a lot of stuff but I heard it was useful . Maybe I'll give it a couple of days to see what the alarm does, and if it messes up soon I'll have the phone checked out ?
    Thanks Anne --- Rogerdodger
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerdodger View Post
    Yes, Anne ----- As a matter of fact I did add a NASA app the other day( planet pictures, etc ). Maybe that messed it up ......... And I do run app killer . Haven't had any problems with app killer at all . I don't run a lot of stuff but I heard it was useful . Maybe I'll give it a couple of days to see what the alarm does, and if it messes up soon I'll have the phone checked out ?
    Thanks Anne --- Rogerdodger
    That's what I'd do. I'd remove the two questionable apps and let it run a couple of days without either on and see if there's any difference. Then when things are back to normal, add only one app back on by itself for a couple of days and see if the alarm is still OK. At that point you could add the second one back on and see if the issue returns. If it does, your best bet is a factory reset Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Hey anne ----------- I thought you were gone . The only questionable app would probably be the NASA app . App killer was pre- loaded on the phone when I bought it new ( about 2 mo ago ) . Added a few apps over that time and didn't seem to have a problem ( except in maybe unsetting some alarm function in the learning process ) .
    Anyway --------------- Thanks, and I'll see how it goes.
    Gotta get some shuteye , or Ill be tired tomorrow .
    Rogerdodger
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member

Re: alarm misbehaving

When did they start preloading App killer?????

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerdodger View Post
    Hey anne ----------- I thought you were gone . The only questionable app would probably be the NASA app . App killer was pre- loaded on the phone when I bought it new ( about 2 mo ago ) . Added a few apps over that time and didn't seem to have a problem ( except in maybe unsetting some alarm function in the learning process ) .
    Anyway --------------- Thanks, and I'll see how it goes.
    Gotta get some shuteye , or Ill be tired tomorrow .
    Rogerdodger
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    When did they start preloading App killer?????

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I never leave this place. Jason's right there is no stock task killer and never has been. (However, a friendly VZW employee may have downloaded it thinking they're doing you a favor, but they cause lots of issues especially when they're used all day everyday. Now go get rid of both those apps and see if that alarm works any better in the morning...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links