DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Not happy with the droid. Gallery, touch screen, wrong person calls plain POS

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

Not happy with the droid. Gallery, touch screen, wrong person calls plain POS

So Im not to happy with the droid and since the 2.1 update it sucks even more. Makes me want to try the storm 2 or wait for the next best.

The gallery is very laggy. Granted I have over 500 pics in the phone but it wasnt laggy or a POS before the update.
    To get the pics to the Gallery I have to open the camera back up and access the last picture taken in the upper right corner. Once I do that the pictures taken now show up in the gallery.

Next thing is the screen... If your fingers are a little wet or to dry or the screen got a sprinkle of water on it its useless..Even after wiping it off.. Freaks out and doesnt work for 10 mins or more.
    Next issue with the screen is it drops the icons all the time... I either have to use the icons in the bar below (grey box with arrow up) or reboot the phone several times for them to show back up...

Next is in your call log I dont know how many times Ive called the wrong person when I push the right persons icon pretty annoying

next is Facebook just plain sucks for the droid. I can see 3 different versions on this phone... One version works but always isnt there all the time. Its the version just like online (pc)

Apps dont work all the time. SMS handsent works but sends text messages to both and confuses the phone
    LED blinker/color changes dont work anymore after the update

Next Advanced task killer.... I have to use this app about 20 times a day so the battery doesnt die on me. I dont even open the apps listed in the ATK but they are there. I have to now charge my phone 2-3 times a day

LOTS of free apps that are crap with this phone
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Anything else you would like to complain about? Simple solution return your phone or sell it, problems solved!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I'll trade you an iPhone 3G with 8MB for it.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    LOL for reals huh..... Ive had this phone since December maybe I didnt like it then and still dont

Another thing is when the phone is charging you cant text anyone or post anything anywhere the screen goes into hyper freak out mode.

This is my second droid phone to

Ive actually thought about paying the buy out for this phone and going with the Iphone
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by TWK View Post
    LOL for reals huh..... Ive had this phone since December maybe I didnt like it then and still dont

Another thing is when the phone is charging you cant text anyone or post anything anywhere the screen goes into hyper freak out mode.

Ive actually thought about paying the buy out for this phone and going with the Iphone
    I have never had any of the problems that you have described. Had mine since November. Got it just before the ETF went to $350
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1, Droid Incredible
    You might have too many apps downloaded at once. When you fill the the internal memory up too much it starts to act funny, As with the charging I bet your not using the cord that it came with. These are eco friendly cords and just any micro usb charger will not work. OR you have a faulty phone, TAKE IT BACK, btw mine works great
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ldimick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TWK View Post

I have never had any of the problems that you have described. Had mine since November. Got it just before the ETF went to $350
    Nor have I, and I've had my Droid since Christmas.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Very interesting first post... I've never experienced any of these issues either, and I can text just fine while charging. If you're that unhappy, then why not just get rid of it and find one you do like? Have you taken it back to Verizon to see what they say?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ICSDX
    (am I flaming?.......whatever, this thread is based on a flame. and I feel offended in a way)

Good Lord, do you wan't some cheese with that first post?

Yes, the 2.1 update IS crap. I'll give you that. But the Storm 2????? REALLY??????
    Second, I'm not really familiar with the problems you are having with the gallery. There are lemon phones just like there are lemon cars. Try replacing it/taking it back. Third, WHY are you handling ANY PHONE while your hands are wet. I don't think ANY phone is supposed to respond well to moisture.

Screen dropping icons??? Never heard of that one. Like someone said earlier, you could have WAY too many apps installed.

Call log/touch screen accuracy problems? You could have a third party usb cable connected or connected in your car via an ac/dc converter. I'll give you that one, it has problems with 3rd party/modified cable connections. Simple fix.....use the correct cable.

Facebook app problem? Yeah, it sucks. BLAME FACEBOOK AND 3RD PARTY DEVELOPERS FOR THAT ONE. NOT THE PHONE. I personally use the mobile site, (not the touch screen mobile site). It works flawlessly. Just add a bookmark shortcut instead of an app shortcut.

Apps don't work all the time????? NOT THE PHONE'S FAULT. AGAIN........BLAME 3RD PARTY DEVELOPERS. (or, same question as above) Do you have TOO many apps installed? Out of memory?

(p.s. Google/Motorola DID NOT make sms handsent)

And as far as task killing? Battery dying? How much do you use your phone? All the time? Battery's gonna die if you are always on it. The iPhone NOW has "multi tasking" but no task manager. The storm 2 doesnt have multi tasking as far as i know, correct me if i'm wrong. So if you still want to jump ship, go ahead. (enjoy that blackberry market!......oh wait)

And of course there are lots of free apps that are crap. Its called open source. Google is not Apple. They are not as controlling with their market. And even still the iPhone market has some sh*t apps. It happens. There are sh*t developers believe it or not. BUT there are a LOT more free apps per ratio on the Android market as is on the iPhone market.

You are obviously a minority being disappointed with your droid.

(still not convinced? wan't more options?....................try rooting)
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DRoid
    Who cares, you know what to do... Everyone move on. Nothing to see here.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links