DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth issues

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Bluetooth issues

I know I'm not the only one having this issue, and please don't reply with "search the forum", I've done enough on the forum already today and have important work to get to. Problem I've been seeing is this:

Hardware/Software
    BT Motorola S305 stero headset
    ROM - Verizon Stock 2.1, CM 5.0.5.3, CM 5.0.5.4, CM 5.0.5.7, UD 9.0, UD 9.8, UD 10

I pair my headset, music plays, awesome. Receive a phone call, comes in through the headset, pauses the music, even more awesome. Go to make a phone call, not routed through bluetooth, not awesome.

What I have found is that if I power down the headset and back up, it usually works then. Also, if I just leave it on, and start manually typing in a phone number, I will eventually start hearing the tones come through the BT headset. Once I do, I'm able to place calls routed through BT. What's the deal? At first I thought it could be something with the headset, but it doesn't seem like it, or...?

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    DrOiD
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    i don't have your brand but i thought i'd answer just so you know not ALL bluetooth headsets have that problem. then you can narrow it down better. i have the blueant q1 and it works flawlessly. i hope you get it all worked out. things like that are super annoying. good luck
    *~*Corinacakes*~*

-Keep your political and religious views off this forum.
    -We are here to have fun and learn, so please try and keep it that way for everyone!

If you like my work and would like to help get my nails done I'd love it!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Re: Bluetooth issues

thanks a lot. figured it might be my headset.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

i found that as long as i hit the call button on the headset before making calls it works. establishes an initial connection.

6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Xaneth, I'm having the exact same issue as you. It is unacceptable and I will be returning this headset if there's no way to fix it. Have you had any luck besides hitting the call button before placing a call? I've sent you a friend request on this forum so that we can continue this off-forum, if need be.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    No, I've just had to learn to live with it. It sucks too, and most times I have to power cycle. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but this headset just doesn't work well with the Droid.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MotoA855
    I have actually had this problem or similar, I have a jawbone and often have to power down the head set and back up again to get it to work correctly. However once it seems to have a good connection it wworks great. At first I thought it was bc it wasn't a motorola headset but after reading this thread I'm starting to suspect the headset itself...
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Xaneth, it's werid bc I've heard nothing except how well it works with the Droid. You and I and a handful of others are the only ones who've had this problem. It's either a fault in the headset or handset, I'm going to try to go to Verizon and experiment with a different Droid to rule out the handset, but I'm afraid I can't return the headset because it's been too long, in which case I'll buy another one. If I find anything useful in the store I'll post it here.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Live with it no more! Froyo fixed my bluetooth issues, solid as a rock. Unfortunately, Froyo leaked version for the Droid was just too flaky for me, so I'm back on Eclair until Cyanogen releases something, but its definitely compatability from the Android O/S!

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    I can verify that 2.2 fixes the bluetooth problem. Cyanogenmod 6.0 is based on froyo and is WONDERFUL. If you've ever thought about hacking ur droid, I highly suggest doing it and using cyanogenmod.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links