DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK folks, looking for moderating feedback...

1. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member

OK folks, looking for moderating feedback...

I was wondering how you guys feel the staff at DF is doing with our jobs.. This includes Admins, Super Mods and Mods. Do you have any requests or suggestions on things we do differently? Please don't be afraid to (respectfully) step one our toes, we can't get better if we don't know we are doing wrong.

For example, I know some of us are bad about closing or deleting a thread or post and not PMing the person that posted it, myself included. We are working on this. Or if you think I'm too harsh sounding, this is the place to let me know without fear of a ban stick..

So any ideas for things we could improve on? Thanks in advance everybody.
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    My biggest complaint is not with the mods but with the users. The users add so much noise to every thread that the search function is worthless.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I think the staff does a great job overall. No changes needed keep up the good work. The site has gained like 40,000 members since I joined. That's kinda speaks for it self.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid - Ulitmate Droid V9
    Quote Originally Posted by ldimick View Post
    My biggest complaint is not with the mods but with the users. The users add so much noise to every thread that the search function is worthless.
    I agree with u
    Verizon In-Store Tech, 5X more 3G Coverage It's Verizon Wireless
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    I agree with u
    Just use Google to search the forums... it cuts out all of the noise. pointless "fluff" posts by members is just how all forums are.
    "Harley Davidson - The Perfect Machine to Turn Gasoline into Noise Without the Pesky Bi-Product of Horsepower!"
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    asking about the STAFF, not users.. this is a forum, after all
    as far as the search function, i agree that the one on the site could be better, though i don't know how. i always search on google and include "droidforums" in my search.

doesn't matter, that's another monster entirely

STAFF discussion ONLY please
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Overall very nice job guys.

Users will be users. Nothing you can do except kindly direct them.

Staff - no complaints, good job. I think it's always best to let the some of the action go. No need to censor everything so it's completely g-rated. It's going to happen in forums. If it's clearly over the line, then go for it.
    Last edited by slinky; 04-12-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Free Android App: Download the Law Guide and Law Dictionary from the Market!
  9. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    but as the STAFF it's your job to address the search functions/issue. why ask us how you're doing and then tell us we can't if we don't talk about you directly?

yeah people are going to be lazy and ask hundreds of questions that have been asked hundreds of times. i'll also agree that's what a forum is for BUT it is going to ruin the search results for those that are savvy enough to use and understand it. people don't have time to wade through pages and pages of results.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola D3
    my only request, respectfully submitted, would be that in matters pertaining to truth, justice and the droid forums way; where perceived offense and flaming response cross paths; before punishment and blame is meted out to the deserving masses: that the Droid Forum gods who may smile on us lowly peons or throw deserved lightning ban bolts with equal measure should pause and take stock and be sure in no small measure in the truth and justness of their actions against and on behalf of all parties; and the facts in their minds are right and true within the confines of possibility.
    One, two! One, two! and through and through / the vorpal blade went snicker-snack! / He left it dead and with it's head / he went galumphing back. -- Lewis Carroll, Jabberwocky
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    My only complaint would be when mods are biased in favor of their "friends" when they are clearly in the wrong.
    I should actually add that I've never been personally affected by this observation.
    Last edited by mrdroid; 04-12-2010 at 03:41 PM.
    -Matt
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links