DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather and News wont aquire my location

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Weather and News wont aquire my location

Hey everyone,
    I wasnt sure how to search for this but I cant seem to find an answer so figured id ask...

I did the manual update on my droid to 2.1 but my fiancée waited for the automatic update. We bought our phones at the same time if that makes any difference with 2.0.1.

I was showing her the news and weather widget and how I like havin it on my main screen and she asked me to put it on hers. What i dont understand is when I put it on her screen it automatically found our location but on mine I have to manually enter it. Ever since I did the update the weather has never found my location and has stopped working at times. When I refresh is goes straight to loading while hers says acquiring and then loading. Ive played with all of the settings...which arent many...nothing works.

Is there something im missing or what? For me its kind of a big deal since I work construction and at times I travel an hour or more and since we live in ohio the weather changes every 15 min lol. I guess it isnt super important but i dont see any point in buying a different app when this one works great except this one minor inconvienence.

Thanks everybody!!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    1. click on the weather icon to launch forecast
    2. when it opens press the menu soft key and select settings
    3. select weather options
    4. check the box that says "use my location"

you may also have to check this setting:

1. on the home screen hit menu soft key
    2. tap settings
    3. tap location and security
    4. under "my location" check the use GPS satellites box
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Thats exactly how I had it set up. I just tried it again and still the same results. Like I said when I have it set like that it doesnt try to aquire my location when I hit refresh. It just says loading and then "No weather location available."

Any other ideas? Is anyone else that did the manual update having similar problems? I know a lot of people were having this issue but what im trying to figure out is if its something wrong with my phone or the fact that I did the manual update.

Thanks again
  5. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jak86 View Post
    Thats exactly how I had it set up. I just tried it again and still the same results. Like I said when I have it set like that it doesnt try to aquire my location when I hit refresh. It just says loading and then "No weather location available."

Any other ideas? Is anyone else that did the manual update having similar problems? I know a lot of people were having this issue but what im trying to figure out is if its something wrong with my phone or the fact that I did the manual update.

Thanks again

I did the manual update and don't have an issue. It found my location.

You do realize there is an option to set your location manually, correct?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    ...on mine I have to manually enter it. Ever since I did the update the weather has never found my location and has stopped working at times. When I refresh is goes straight to loading while hers says acquiring and then loading. Ive played with all of the settings...which arent many...nothing works.

Is there something im missing or what? For me its kind of a big deal since I work construction and at times I travel an hour or more and since we live in ohio the weather changes every 15 min lol...
    ^^This is why Im askin this question^^
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    ...on mine I have to manually enter it. Ever since I did the update the weather has never found my location and has stopped working at times. When I refresh is goes straight to loading while hers says acquiring and then loading. Ive played with all of the settings...which arent many...nothing works.

Is there something im missing or what? For me its kind of a big deal since I work construction and at times I travel an hour or more and since we live in ohio the weather changes every 15 min lol...
    ^^This is why Im askin this question^^
    lol...did you try walking outside and seeing if it won't get your location that way?
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GSIII
    I gave the new weather app a chance but I just un-installed it.

I ride a motorcycle and sometimes I need to look ahead a few days and get hour by hour forecasts.

Can't do this with it so I'm back to WeatherBug..
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I can understand with not being able to get hour by hour a couple days ahead. I like it because its clean and easy to read. My problem is having to manually update it which means I have to change it twice a day at least depending on how far the jobsite is away from the house. Granted with the weather getting nice a couple degrees difference isnt so critical but my point is hers works fine and mine doesnt and the only difference is I did the manual update and she did the automatic.

Anyone else have any ideas? Ive tried closing apps that I installed to see if they were conflicting and didnt see any results. As far as walking outside, again if hers works laying right beside mine on the counter than mine should as well.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I would like an answer for this too, mine won't find my location automaticaly
  11. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member

Re: Weather and News wont aquire my location

I would like an answer for this too, mine won't find my location automaticaly
    Give it time. I was part of a thread exactly like this where we couldn't even get our cities to show up manually. I'm guessing they're having issues with the server/system lately, because all of ours started working around the same time.

Also, I has mine set to a manual location, but just switched it to use my location, and it still pulls it up...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links