DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Is my phone bricked for good?

  1. Junior Droid
    Spyke412's Avatar
    Member #
    57166
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Is my phone bricked for good?

    I think it might be. My droid was working fine last night. I plugged it into my computer to charge, went to sleep, woke up, and now it won't turn on. I get absolutely no reaction from pressing the power button. I can't even start up in recovery mode. I tried plugging it into the wall charger to see if that would help, but nothing happens. The led doesn't even come on when its plugged in. I was rooted and running UD 9.8 if that matters. So is there anything i can do for this phone, or do i just have to get it replaced at Verizon?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Beta Team
    JonKyu's Avatar
    Member #
    4977
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Posts
    2,398
    Phone
    DROID X
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke412 View Post
    I think it might be. My droid was working fine last night. I plugged it into my computer to charge, went to sleep, woke up, and now it won't turn on. I get absolutely no reaction from pressing the power button. I can't even start up in recovery mode. I tried plugging it into the wall charger to see if that would help, but nothing happens. The led doesn't even come on when its plugged in. I was rooted and running UD 9.8 if that matters. So is there anything i can do for this phone, or do i just have to get it replaced at Verizon?
    Just to be extra sure (hey you never know lol) did you try taking the battery out then trying to power it back on? I've experienced a similar situation where my phone wouldn't respond to anything until I did a battery pull.

    *welcome btw
  4. Junior Droid
    Spyke412's Avatar
    Member #
    57166
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke412 View Post
    I think it might be. My droid was working fine last night. I plugged it into my computer to charge, went to sleep, woke up, and now it won't turn on. I get absolutely no reaction from pressing the power button. I can't even start up in recovery mode. I tried plugging it into the wall charger to see if that would help, but nothing happens. The led doesn't even come on when its plugged in. I was rooted and running UD 9.8 if that matters. So is there anything i can do for this phone, or do i just have to get it replaced at Verizon?
    Just to be extra sure (hey you never know lol) did you try taking the battery out then trying to power it back on? I've experienced a similar situation where my phone wouldn't respond to anything until I did a battery pull.

    *welcome btw
    Thanks but yeah i did do a battery pull with no luck
  5. Beta Team
    JonKyu's Avatar
    Member #
    4977
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Provo, UT
    Posts
    2,398
    Phone
    DROID X
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke412 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke412 View Post
    I think it might be. My droid was working fine last night. I plugged it into my computer to charge, went to sleep, woke up, and now it won't turn on. I get absolutely no reaction from pressing the power button. I can't even start up in recovery mode. I tried plugging it into the wall charger to see if that would help, but nothing happens. The led doesn't even come on when its plugged in. I was rooted and running UD 9.8 if that matters. So is there anything i can do for this phone, or do i just have to get it replaced at Verizon?
    Just to be extra sure (hey you never know lol) did you try taking the battery out then trying to power it back on? I've experienced a similar situation where my phone wouldn't respond to anything until I did a battery pull.

    *welcome btw
    Thanks but yeah i did do a battery pull with no luck
    aww shucks was worth a try. You can probably save it by following this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...hlight=rsdlite I hope you're running windows lol good luck
  6. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #5
    I would leave it plugged into the wallcharger for as long as you possibly can leave it on there. It will receive way more juice that way compared to what it gets from a computer

  7. Senior Droid
    toddegreene's Avatar
    Member #
    4614
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    205
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Plug it into the wall charger for the day, then report back. Your battery may be completely discharged.
  8. Droid Sensei
    natediddy1120's Avatar
    Member #
    23380
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,183
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke412 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post

    Just to be extra sure (hey you never know lol) did you try taking the battery out then trying to power it back on? I've experienced a similar situation where my phone wouldn't respond to anything until I did a battery pull.

    *welcome btw
    Thanks but yeah i did do a battery pull with no luck
    aww shucks was worth a try. You can probably save it by following this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...hlight=rsdlite I hope you're running windows lol good luck
    If the battery is low enough, (which sounds like the problem) the bootloader will not even allow for you to flash anything.

  9. Junior Droid
    Spyke412's Avatar
    Member #
    57166
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke412 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonKyu View Post

    Just to be extra sure (hey you never know lol) did you try taking the battery out then trying to power it back on? I've experienced a similar situation where my phone wouldn't respond to anything until I did a battery pull.

    *welcome btw
    Thanks but yeah i did do a battery pull with no luck
    aww shucks was worth a try. You can probably save it by following this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...hlight=rsdlite I hope you're running windows lol good luck
    Haha yeah but thanks for the link i'll definitely try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by natediddy1120 View Post
    I would leave it plugged into the wallcharger for as long as you possibly can leave it on there. It will receive way more juice that way compared to what it gets from a computer
    Yeah i have it plugged into the wallcharger right now. I'm hoping that will help.
  10. Droid Ninja
    jsh1120's Avatar
    Member #
    13823
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    2,462
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    #9
    Another good reason to have a spare battery on hand. I picked up an additional OEM battery from Amazon for less than $15.
    Curmudgeon Member of Rescue Squad
  11. Junior Droid
    Spyke412's Avatar
    Member #
    57166
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jsh1120 View Post
    Another good reason to have a spare battery on hand. I picked up an additional OEM battery from Amazon for less than $15.
    I was thinking it might be a problem with my battery so i tried using my dad's to see if that would get it to start up, but it had the same results.

    Edit: And I'm not gonna be able to do the flash with RDSlite cause my phone won't even boot.
    Last edited by Spyke412; 04-10-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is my phone bricked? what do i do!
    By ameyers1 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 01:08 AM
  2. Help! I think i have bricked my phone!
    By Kmac in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:53 PM
  3. Think I bricked my phone :(
    By DurangoJim in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 09:10 AM
  4. i just bricked my droid, we had a good run
    By dredge in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 12:44 PM
  5. I think I Bricked my phone? HELP PLEASE
    By droid noobie in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:12 PM

Search tags for this page

droid bricked beyond repair

,
how do i charge my bricked phone?
,
how long should i charge my phone to bricked
,
i think my droid is bricked beyond repair, what should i do
,
in recovery mode when pressing search nothing happens
,
is bricking good
,
my phone took a dump what can i do to fix it
,
phone bricked wont turn on
,
replace bricked phone
,
replacing bricked droid 3
,
verizon replace bricked phone
,
verizon replaced bricked charge
,
will a bricked phone turn on
,
will verizon charge to replace a bricked droid?
,
will verizon replace a bricked charged
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+