Thanks for the help! :-)
Have someone call your phone and while you are in the call, press home repeatedly and you should be able to get to the home screen. Then you can change the lock and everything will be fine. This happened to me and this is a horrible bug, I had to do a master reset because I totally forgot my lock.
1) create a new gmail account on your computer.
2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home screen.
4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone is still connected)
5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to enter to correct pattern previously set)
6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly created Gmail account.
7) hang up the phone.
8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info and it should let you back in
9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail account and keep the old one.
(And sometimes you have to disconnect your wifi connection and then reconnect and before it will work.)
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
Only the Skilled Survive
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
1. Never be unarmed.
2. See Rule #1
USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
I don't know about this, just an educated guess, but what about rebooting it?
Don't do anything you will have to explain to the Paramedics!
When seconds count.......We are minutes away!
The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do!
What I did was go to the Verizon store. Guy there found several of the same complaints on his web site, but didn't know how to fix. He did a wipe/reboot on the phone. (not sure how he did this, pushed the volume keys a bunch that I saw.) Anyway, I lost most of the apps I d/l'd... not too terrible since they were all free ones at the time. It saved all contacts and I think photos. But... anyway, Verizon store is all I've got for you...