DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Clockwork/SPRecovery Questions

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Clockwork/SPRecovery Questions

Well i have purchased ROM Manager Premium. I used it once yesterday to install a ROM. After install my phone went into a boot loop. SPRecovery has saved my butt in the past with no problems. Clockwork work the same way? It seems as if the only way to recover if using clockwork is if the phone actually boots. Please correct me if im wrong here.

Im all for trying something new when it comes out, but it seems as if SPRecovery is a more reliable source to get you out of a jam. Guess thats really my main concern for now if i keep clockwork flashed instead of SPR.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxun View Post
    Well i have purchased ROM Manager Premium. I used it once yesterday to install a ROM. After install my phone went into a boot loop. SPRecovery has saved my butt in the past with no problems. Clockwork work the same way? It seems as if the only way to recover if using clockwork is if the phone actually boots. Please correct me if im wrong here.

Im all for trying something new when it comes out, but it seems as if SPRecovery is a more reliable source to get you out of a jam. Guess thats really my main concern for now if i keep clockwork flashed instead of SPR.
    You have to understand that CWrecovery is not the Rom Manager. It works the same as SPrecovery. just a slight UI difference. You access it the same as any other recovery system through x+power. If you want the ROMs that are not listed on the RM app, then SPrecovery is still a good system, But if you want to play with the ROMs on RM, get to know Clockwork.
    Last edited by kaboyd; 04-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    After messing with it a little im starting to figure things out. Yes i understand it works the same way as SPR. I have a question though. When you boot to safe made, and attempt a restore, you have several options of which none are checked. So you have Restore boot, Restore system, Restore data, etc... In clockwork do you restore the 1's you want 1 at a time, or is there a way to select the 1's you want and do them all at once? SPR has the *'s you can add individually. I'm not seeing a way to check these off in Clockwork.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    If you do an advanced restore like you're talking about, then you have to select one, install it, and return to select another. I do wish you could select the ones you want and install all at once, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    That's correct. You can boot into clockwork manually. If you don't have a backup for clockwork, you can go into its nandroid menu and perform a restore in much the same way you would with sp.
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Pretty much answers all my questions. I feel a lot better about leaving CW installed now.

Actually i do have 1 more question. I see the backups in Nandriod that i would normally use for SPR. Is there a seperate spot for the backups you make with CW?

Thanks for the responses =)
  8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Twitter
    Jonny_Ks
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    No problem! That's what this forum is here for!
    Ran into a little snag? Have a question? Think your phone is only good to hold down rogue papers in a wind storm now? Visit the Rescue Squad!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    Your backups and downloads(ROM) will be in the clockwork folder on your sdcard Edit: NP. like jonny said. Don't hesitate to ask...
    Last edited by kaboyd; 04-04-2010 at 06:14 PM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    2 more questions. Whenever i make a backup using RM. Towards the end i get a message "no sd-ext found skipping backup of sd-ext" is this normal? 3 out of 3 backups i have made using RM and it does the same thing.

Also whats the difference between restore and advanced restore? They both contain the same backups.

Thanks again
    Last edited by Dxun; 04-04-2010 at 06:31 PM.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGN
    I just tried a backup using RM and received the same error. My backup appears to be successful, but I haven't tried to restore it yet. I have always went straight to CWrecovery to do a backup and have never received that before. I'll do some research tomorrow to find out what that means.
    The advanced restore allows you to restore parts of a backup, where just choosing restore will restore the entire backup. Hope that helps. I'll post back if / when I can answer the first question. If you do a backup from CW, you shouldn't see that though.

Links