DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: GMAIL not being pushed to Droid...

  1. Master Droid
    Dream's Avatar
    Member #
    645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    272
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #1

    GMAIL not being pushed to Droid...

    As as of this past weekend my gmail email's are not being pushed to my phone, I have to manually "refresh" to get emails to come through. I have searched all my setting and cant seem to find anything out of place. I even did a factory reset this morning and it was working for about an hour and now nothing. Any idea's?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Senior Droid
    Luxferro's Avatar
    Member #
    4352
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    As as of this past weekend my gmail email's are not being pushed to my phone, I have to manually "refresh" to get emails to come through. I have searched all my setting and cant seem to find anything out of place. I even did a factory reset this morning and it was working for about an hour and now nothing. Any idea's?
    Do you use any task killers? If so, have you added Gmail, and any other processes/apps it uses to syc to your exclude list?

    My gmail pushes just fine.
  4. Master Droid
    Dream's Avatar
    Member #
    645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    272
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxferro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    As as of this past weekend my gmail email's are not being pushed to my phone, I have to manually "refresh" to get emails to come through. I have searched all my setting and cant seem to find anything out of place. I even did a factory reset this morning and it was working for about an hour and now nothing. Any idea's?
    Do you use any task killers? If so, have you added Gmail, and any other processes/apps it uses to syc to your exclude list?

    My gmail pushes just fine.
    I do not. I just let the phone do its thing. Im wondering if there is a setting im missing. I remember when I first got the phone I could set it up to push or do pull, cant seem to find that option now...
  5. Junior Droid
    robs67's Avatar
    Member #
    5725
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    I do have a task killer, but everything in the exclude list is still there when it was working yesterday. Nothing changed there.

    Oops, replied to the wrong thread.
  6. Senior Droid
    Luxferro's Avatar
    Member #
    4352
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    104
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxferro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    As as of this past weekend my gmail email's are not being pushed to my phone, I have to manually "refresh" to get emails to come through. I have searched all my setting and cant seem to find anything out of place. I even did a factory reset this morning and it was working for about an hour and now nothing. Any idea's?
    Do you use any task killers? If so, have you added Gmail, and any other processes/apps it uses to syc to your exclude list?

    My gmail pushes just fine.
    I do not. I just let the phone do its thing. Im wondering if there is a setting im missing. I remember when I first got the phone I could set it up to push or do pull, cant seem to find that option now...
    Check Settings > Accounts & Sync and make sure gmail is listed, and background data and autosync are enabled. And if they are, maybe try toggling them off then on. worth a try.

    edit: I saw you said you did factory reset.. i dunno then. Maybe your phone is broken or something.
  7. Master Droid
    Dream's Avatar
    Member #
    645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    272
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxferro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxferro View Post

    Do you use any task killers? If so, have you added Gmail, and any other processes/apps it uses to syc to your exclude list?

    My gmail pushes just fine.
    I do not. I just let the phone do its thing. Im wondering if there is a setting im missing. I remember when I first got the phone I could set it up to push or do pull, cant seem to find that option now...
    Check Settings > Accounts & Sync and make sure gmail is listed, and background data and autosync are enabled. And if they are, maybe try toggling them off then on. worth a try.

    edit: I saw you said you did factory reset.. i dunno then. Maybe your phone is broken or something.
    I just turned all those off then back on and turn my phone off then back on and it SEEMS to be working now. Ill report back later tonight.
  8. Master Droid
    Dream's Avatar
    Member #
    645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    272
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #7
    Everything is working great after my last post. Must have been a small glitch.
  9. Droid
    EARL97850's Avatar
    Member #
    4429
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    57
    Phone
    Droid (OG)
    #8
    It really is amazing how many things a simple reboot, battery pull, or just a simple toggle on & off of the item can actually fix the issue.

    Good luck

    Cya
  10. Master Droid
    Dream's Avatar
    Member #
    645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    272
    Phone
    Thunderbolt
    #9
    I take that back. Refreshed my mail box just now and 5 emails from late last night came in: (
  11. Premium Member
    mth04's Avatar
    Member #
    133
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,082
    Liked
    6 times
    Premium Member
    #10

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I take that back. Refreshed my mail box just now and 5 emails from late last night came in: (
    Now I don't use gmail too much, but have you tried a battery pull (I can't believe I just said that) here buddy? I just sent an email to myself and it was like 24 seconds to my phone
    Sometimes , It is what it is !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Outlook email pushed to Droid?
    By longhorn31 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 11:06 AM
  2. New Droid from LA - Need help w Gmail.
    By 1dp3655 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 08:39 AM
  3. Update is supposed to be pushed out today!
    By windstrings in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 12:45 PM
  4. gmail not getting pushed anymore?
    By yamaha83 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 10:09 AM
  5. gmail not being immediately pushed
    By marmst in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 04:56 PM

Search tags for this page

email not being pushed on droid 2

,

email not pushing on droid bionic

,
gmail is.not.being pushed on my android
,
gmail not being pushed to android
,
gmail not being pushed to droid x
,
gmail not being pushed to my droid 2
,
gmail not getting pushed
,
how to stop emails from being pushed to bionic
,
mail not pushed to android phone
,
why is g mail not pushing to my droid bionic
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+